Chapter 35 ~ toxic

I wake up blinking slowly, "What..."

"Oh my god Lexi," the sound of Jake's voice and then feeling his arms wrap around me made me smile.

"What... happened..." I asked as he let me go.

"Well the doctors said you had a really bad allergic reaction to the penicillin you were given," Jake says, holding my hand and rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand.

"But I was given painkillers..." I question, "Not penicillin."

"That's what everyone thought," Jake said, "But instead you were given penicillin by accident... I'd better ring Dan and Phil and tell them you're awake."

"What... how long have I been unconscious..." i asked sitting up.

"A day," Jake said, "Doctors said you slipped into a small coma."

I slid back under the duvet. I felt sick, "wh... where are Dan and Phil?"

"Back at their home with Zoe and Alfie," Jake said, "i told them to go home because they all looked really tired... and the fact I'm still in the bed next to you but I can move around now on my crutches."

I laugh quietly and watch as Jake called my dads, telling them to come as I had woken up.

I had a allergic reaction...
A Really bad allergic reaction...
I was in a coma...
I could have died...

Maybe.

About half an hour later, my dads and Zalfie came running in and I was wrapped in many hugs, "Thank god your ok!" Dan said when it was his turn, "You scared the shit out of me yesterday when you passed out."

I laugh quietly, "Ye i know.... sorry..."

"Hey you have nothing to be sorry about," Alfie says, "It was that nurse for giving you penicillin instead of pain-killers."

"But, At least now we know you have a allergy to penicillin." Phil points out.

"A bad reaction," Dan points out.

💙💙💙

I was given a new leg and me and Jake left the hospital the next day. My new leg was a bit more awkward to use but wasn't too hard.

"You ok?" Phil asks as he stands next to me as I go slowly up the stairs.

"Yeah," I say, "It's just awkward."

We get up to the apartment and I crash down onto the sofa. Jake had gone to his own apartment instead of outs as he wanted to see his mom.

I rested my bead back and Alfie walked out to Dan and Phil and Zoe sat next to me, "Lexi... can I ask you something?"

"Sure," I smile.

Zoe sighs, "Me and Alfie aren't 100% sure on the plans yet but... do you like being adopted?"

I nod, "of course I do... hang on, are you and Alfie thinking about adopting?"

"Maybe," Zoe sighs, "The thing is... me and Alfie have tried numerous times to have a baby and... it never comes out right. Turns out Alfie has..." she sighed.

"Does Alfie have a low sperm count like in Gavin and Stacey?" I ask and Zoe nods.

I hug Zoe as she cries silently into my shoulder.

~PHIL'S POV~
Alfie walked over to me and Dan in the kitchen, "I need to ask you two something."

I look at him, "What's up Alfie?"

"Well..." he sighs, "Me and Zoe decided to go further with our relationship and try to have a baby..." he sighs.

"Aww congratulations!" Dan says happily but Alfie still frowned.

"The thing is," Alfie carried on, "We tried so many times and every time the result was... negative. We ended up going to the doctor and... it's my fault we can't have the baby..."

Tears roll down his cheeks and I pull him into a hug, "What do you mean?"

"I... I have a low sperm count..." Alfie chokes out.

"Oh Alfie!" And Dan joins the hug.

"And me and Zoe were talking," he said, "And we want to carry on trying to have a baby but... until then... we were wondering about adopting..."

"Adopting is a great idea," I say and Alfie smiles, "Really?"

"Yeah!" Dan exclaims, "Look at how amazing Lexi has been for us!"

Alfie smiles, "Thanks guys."

💙💙💙

Short chapter i know but I was building it up to the next chapter.

I do not want to go to school tomorrow

Oh well.

Also... notice the key link here to the next book?? Eh...

Hannah xx