Chapter 2 ~ Black

As soon as the home was in sight, I went to run away again but Dan was gripping my hand firmly, "You have to face this fear at some point today..." he says.

"I'd rather not though now..." I say, trying to break my hands free.

"It can't be that bad," Phil tries to cheer me up.

I look at him and frown, "I've lived here for almost two years now; I admit, not the longest time in the world but long enough to realise this place is stupid and..." Dan knocked on the door.

Shit, shit, shit...

The door opened and Rhianna looked at me, "Lexi! You're home and for once actually brought friends with you!" She laughed and I scowled.

Rhianna led us all in, "Would it be alright you two..."

"Dan and Phil," Dan said.

"Excuse me?" Rhianna questioned.

"Our names are Dan and Phil," Dan repeated.

"Oh well then... would it be alright if you, Dan and Phil stayed out here for a second whilst I talk to Lily."

"Actually we would rather..." Phil goes to defend me but Rhianna ignores his attempt and grabs my wrist and pulls me into the stuffy office. She grabs ne by the shoulders and pins me against the banking unit, "What have I said about you leaving? And why did you never come back after you got my text?"

"I don't have to do everything you tell me," I yell and this results in me getting kneed in the chest. My knees buckle and I fall onto the floor.

"You do have to do everything I tell you," she snaps, "I'm your legal guardian and I do what I want with you..."

"Just fuck off and let me enjoy christmas," I yell and she kicks me in the chest as I fall forward as I loose balance and whack my face on the cold concrete floor.

"Christmas is a dumb holiday," she yells, "And as far as I am concerned, you kids are here cos you have been bad so you don't deserve christmas."

I feel tears well in my eyes and as soon as one falls, I am kicked in the spine as I scream out in pain causing another kick in the same spot. "What have I told you about crying and screaming with pain." She hisses and picks me up by the shoulder roughly and pins me against the filing unit before bouncing my head off it over and over again.

Then Dan walks in.

He looks at me and then to Rhianna, "What the hell is going on?" He yells. I saw behind him a group of workers and children gather.

"I was talking to Lexi..."

"More like beating her up!" Dan snaps, running over to me, "Lexi? Are you ok?"

I don't say anything. I sit there, staring into outer-space.

"Lexi?" Dan takes my shoulder and shakes it lightly, "Come on..."

"If she's not talking to you, she obviously doesn't want you here," Rhianna points out. I look into Dan's eyes and then Phil's who was behind, "I want Dan and Phil here..." I whisper.

I feel a pain as Rhianna smacks me on the back of the head. I felt my head thumping painfully and I held onto the office desk for support, fearing I would pass out.

Phil runs in and takes my other side, drawing circles on my back to calm me down. But I wouldn't I couldn't. It was in I was in a hole and I couldn't get out. Pain rose inside of me and I felt as if I was going to pass out.

I could hear Dan yelling at Rhianna. I could hear Rhianna yelling at Dan. I could hear Phil saying my name. I could hear the other children talking. I could hear someone run in and put there arm around me and whispering it would be ok.

That person was Josh.

Josh has been my best friend ever since I got here and he was the first person I properly told about y bad Panic-Attacks and my depressed life and wanting to commit suicide. Josh is a year older than me and even though he has never experienced any if those things physically, he was good at calming me down mentally.

"Come on Lexi; speak to me," his calming voice brought me half into reality. Phil was still drawing circles on my back and Dan was yelling at Rhianna.

"I'm.... here..." I finally say and Josh wraps me in a hug.

Oh yeah; Josh is gay.

"I was getting really worried and... Lexi your head is bleeding... we have to get you to hospital..."

"She doesn't need the fucking hospital!" Rhianna swore.

"Yes she does!" Phil snaps, "And that's why we are adopting her!"

I look at Phil likewise did Dan. Phil chuckled before saying, "That's what I was thinking about through the doors Dan and you're right. Lexi is a fan and needs our help."

I embrace Phil into a hug, "Thank you, thank you, thank you," I repeat over and over.

"Are you sure you don't want to adopt another person?" Rhianna spits.

"No thanks," Dan spits back, "And you can try all you want but me and Phil have settled on our desis..."

That was when I passed out.

🌟🌟🌟

Hi!!

So if any of you want to be in the book / nominate someone / make up a character for the book, comment them down in the comments and I will do my beat to add you! Tell  me the characters  name, traits, key features.

Hannah xx