Chapter 44 ~

I do as I said I would. I stay hidden in my room; scared to move. I didn't want to hurt my dad's with her evil actions.

The words replayed in my head like a broken record; I was possessed. I felt sick at the thought.

The image of blood and scars comes into my head and I try my best to shake it away. I don't want to cut myself. Because if I do, she could easily take over and make me cut deeper and kill me again.

Just do it, she whispers into my ear. I feel a cold chill spiral around my head and i feel my body tense and stiff.

I say nothing. I don't want to give her trouble to annoy me. So I stay still and hold my breath.

The chill around my head speeds up and I begin to feel cold. I shudder in my tense position and I hear her laugh.

"Aww is little Lexi scared of me?" Her voice cackles.

"No... I'm not afraid of you," I say quickly.

"Lexi?" I hear Dan's voice outside the door as he knocks.

I look at the ghost hovering above me, "Let's do this," she laughs and jumps inside of me, her taking over.

She makes me go to the door and swing it open, "What do you want?" She angrily yells.

Dan's eyes widen, "I know it's not the real Lexi..." he said sternly.

"Oh ok," she smiles.

What was her game.

"What?" Dan asks, stepping back so he was on the edge of the staircase.

"I said oh ok..." she then laughs and pushes Dan so he falls back down the stairs and lands on the floor, looking startled and his head began to bleed as he lay there.

My mouth goes dry as I see Dan lying there. She then disappears, her laugh ringing in my ears.

I waist no hesitation in running down the stairs and yelling for Phil. Dan had cuts all over him and I engulfed him into a hug, "I'm so sorry Dan... I tried to stop her I swear... Oh my god I'm such a bad person..."

"You're not a bad person," Dan says weakly, "But we do have to get rid of her..."

"Oh my god what happened?" Phil runs over and pulls Dan into a strong hug which Dan wails out and Phil lets go.

"What's wrong Dan?" I ask.

"My..." he suddenly hisses in pain and clutches his side. He scrunches up his face, showing agony.

"We have to get a ambulance," I say.

"No... I'm... I'm fine I swear!" Dan tries to pressure.

"Dan your in agony!" I exclaim, "we have to!"

"No! I'm fine I swear!" Dan tries to get up but falls down again.

"Dan... babe," Phil kisses Dan's head, "I know tour phobia of hospitals is kicking in but you have to go. And our date can wait..."

"No! We have to go!" Dan exclaims.

My dads were going on a date??

"No... your health is more important..." Phil tries to argue.

"No Phil you don't get it!" Dan exclaims, "Tonight was going to be perfect. And I..." tears spilled down Dan's eyes, "I had finally picked up the courage to..." he buried his head into Phil's lap.

"Picked up the courage for what..." Phil asked. Phil suddenly stopped and covered his mouth, "Babe... were you gonna p... propose?"

Dan's tears came quicker and he nodded slowly.

I felt awful.

I ruined Dan's proposal.

I had to get rid of her officially.

But seriously... how could she be so spiteful??

She stopped Dan proposing...