Chapter 3 ~ A'n'E

~PHIL'S POV~
Dan kept yelling as a boy pushed through the crowd and kept talking to Lexi. When she passed out, I turned to him in a panic, "I know this is going to sound creepy... but who actually are you?"

"I'm Josh, Lexi's friend and bullied for being the gay kid," he laughed, "I don't get it when they turn gay into a insult to people..."

"Neither can I when they say it to m..." I suddenly cover my mouth, "I mean I err... I hate it when people bully people like that... ha ha..."

Josh's eyes widen, noticing my mistake, "Phil... are you gay?" He whispers.

"I... no... yes... I don't know..." I blurt out.

"It's ok you know; not to know tour sexuality. Maybe your bi-sexual, like Lexi is..."

"Lexi is bi-sexual?" I question. Josh smacks his forehead, "Shit I wasn't suppose to tell anyone that."

"Hey, my lips are sealed," and I pretend to zip my lips. I then call for Dan, "Dan! Lexi has passed out! We need to get her to hospital asap!"

"What are the hospital going to do?" The woman snaps. I knew her name... Rhianna! Ye that was it.

"They will do a whole lot," Dan says, pushing Rhianna back, causing her to fall over, "And give my friend the forms for adopting Lexi."

Rhianna growls and passes me a bunch of paper work. I go though it as we wait for a ambulance to come. By the time Lexi was in the ambulance, she was no longer known as Lexi Shelly.

She was Lexi Lester-Howell.

Mine and Dan's very own daughter.

Maybe that will pull us closer...

~LEXI'S POV~
"What... where am I?" I look around the room to see I was in a world of pure white. It hurt my eyes but hey, it was better than everywhere being black and grey.

Not that I was dissing the colour black or grey.

I love the colours black and grey.

But I think you know what I mean.

I sat up carefully but sank back down into the covers. It was cold and my head was beginning to hurt really badly. I looked around the room; white walls, white ceiling, white floor, white cushions, white duvet. And looking down, white dressing gown.

Panic rose inside of me. My palms sweated and I darted my eyes around the room, looking for something or someone to focus on which wasn't white.

My throat became tight so I couldn't breathe. I kept trying to gasp for air but non came.

Then the voices began;
"You're worthless"

"Emo!"

"Die you bi-sexual freak!"

"Why are you even here still?"

"Kill yourself!"

"Dan and Phil hate you!"

"You should have died today!"

"Dan and Phil are idiots ~ why would they save you?"

"SHUT UP!" I yelled, covering my ears, trying to stop the voices but they didn't. They were in my head and I could hear them louder now and faster.

"Die!"

"Emo!"

"Worthless!"

"Stupid!"

"Bi-sexual!"

"Disgrace!"

"Lexi!" I saw in the corner of my eye Dan and Phil run in with nurses around. I continued to sweat and I felt sick.

"Lexi speak to us!" Phil begged, gripping my hand, "Come on please..."

"Phil that isn't going to help!" Dan said, "She is having a panic attack... and a bad one by the looks of it."

How did Dan know?

I felt tears escape my closed eyes.

"Worthless!"

"Emo!"

"Kill yourself!"

"I can't..." I managed to say, trying to breathe in air but struggling.

A nurse pushed past Dan and Phil and put a oxygen mask over my mouth and nose, helping me to breathe.

"Focus on breathing," Dan said calmly, "Try counting down from 100 to 0 ~ that's what use to help me."

Oh... that's how Dan knew. He use to have panic attacks.

He never mentioned that in any of his videos...

I began to count.

100

99

98

"Why are you doing this?"

"Kill yourself now"

"Push everyone away"

"Take off the mask and die"

"Dan... I can't!" I managed to say.

"What do you mean?" Dan's eyes flashed with panic.

"I can't so this... anymore! The voices are controlling... me!" I gasped.

"Die!"

"Kill yourself!"

"They hate you really!"

I gripped at my hair, wanting to pull it out, "I want them to stop..." tears ran down my face at a quick pace.

Dan sat on my bed and held my hand and squeezed it, "Just focus on telling them no..."

"I've tried that Dan! For six years! That's... that's why I went to commit suicide today..." I closed my eyes as the tears fell.

~DAN'S POV~
I knew I use and still do have bad panic attacks but Lexi had it hard.

I couldn't believe it though; it was the voices that made her almost kill herself today. And Phil saved her life, causing the voices to continue.

I looked down at Phil. He was crying. I hugged him. We weren't going out, but he was my best friend and Lexi was my daughter as much as his.

"This is all my fault Dan..." Phil whispered.

"No it isn't Phil... voices in your head are murders. You rescued this littles girl life. You made her happy..."

"Not now Dan! She isn't happy now..."

"Phil, it's Lexi's voices that aren't happy with you, not Lexi herself..."

Phil hugged me, resting his head into my chest. I look behind Phil and see Lexi is beginning to calm down a bit, "Maybe we should take you to meet Zoe," I suggest.

"Ye..." Lexi smiles.

Then a nurse comes and beckons me to follow. Lexi and Phil didn't seem happy to see my leave, nor was I to them, but I had to.

"Lexi mentioned she tried to commit suicide earlier," The nurse questioned, "Is this true?"

"Yes..." I say.

"We need you tell us what happened."