Chapter 42 ~ Funeral?

~PHIL'S POV~
Home wasn't the same. It was just me and Dan and it was lonely... not that I didn't like Dan's company but after being with Lexi for so long...

I walked into Lexi's room and looked around. I blinked and felt tears in my eyes as I remember the memories we have had together.

I closed the door again, not wanting to think about her death too much.

Telling Jake was the hardest. He didn't take it well. He was mad, at us for not telling him anything, but mostly at George and everyone involved with the kidnapping incident.

"Th... the funeral is tomorrow," I say quietly. Jake nods and then we leave.

*LE TIME SKIPP*
Everyone was there. In black and sitting in the church. Lexi's body lay in the closed coffin on the unit, a whole load of flowers and a photo of her with me and Dan on top.

There were tears everywhere. Joe had woken up yesterday and made a full recovery. He was here to and sitting next to Zoe.

I always thought I wouldn't attend my own daughters funeral and that scared of that. Again.

Dan sat next to me and his hand was around my waist. I watched the vicar say the speech and then the fist hymn.

When the vicar finally said mine and Dan's name to give out a speech, I was shaking all over. Dan squeezed my hand as we walked up. I was shaking all over as we walked up to the stage and so was Dan.

"We..." I looked at Dan as tears spilled down his cheeks as he began to spoke, "We want to thank you all for coming on such short notice... the thing is..." there was a sudden knocking around behind us as the photo-graph suddenly fell off the coffin, smashing.

I looked at Dan. Dan looked back at me horrified at what was happing, his eyes wide. We suddenly jumped as we heard a scream behind us, "LET ME OUT! HELP! LET ME OUT PLEASE!"

"Lexi!" I yelled, running to the side of the coffin, trying to lift the lid.

Dan runs beside me and we try to lift the lid, "It's too heavy!" Dan final exclaims as he rips the side of his suit.

Jake, Alfie, Oli, Caspar, Felix,  Joey, Daniel, Tyler and Troye run over and help us lift the lid of the coffin and put it down. Lexi sat up staring at us, all in our black clothes, "What's going on?" She whispered.

"Lexi... we..." I began.

"Y... You thought I was dead!" She cried, "I'm at my own funeral, aren't i?"

"Lexi it wasn't us!" I begged, "The hospital... they confirmed to us you were dead. They told us to hold a funeral as soon as possible."

I looked at Lexi. She had tears in her eyes, "Where... where's Joe and Connor? Are they ok?" She asks desperately.

"We're here," Joe says, smiling, sitting in between Zoe and Connor.

Dan helps Lexi out the coffin as she runs over to them both in hugs.

~LEXI'S POV~
I hug Joe and Connor tightly, "I'm so sorry..." I whisper, tears streaming.

"It's fine," they say, "We're just glad your ok."

I stood up and looked around at everyone in their black clothes. They all came over to me and were hugging me, saying they were glad I was ok.

This was wrong.

I... I was suppose to be dead.

How come your alive? You were legit fucking dead. A familiar voice says.

No. Why was she here?

Because I am your voice and you can never escape me, the voice sneers at me in response.

I sit down on the pew.

"Leave me alone," I whisper aloud to her.

"What?" Connor says, Looking at me.

"Has Felix told you guys about..." I wonder

"About the voice that takes over?" Connor finishes, "Yeah. Why what's up?."

"Well she's back... and I'm really scared Connor..." I say quietly, "I'm scared she will take over my body again like she use to do..."

"Aww," Connor wrapped me into a hug.

I hugged him back.

He is only hugging me because you are alive, my voice tormented me.

I pulled away from Connor. He looks at me confused.

"I'm scared she'll hurt you if I carry on," I admit, "She's already hurting me again..."

Connor nods, "It's ok, I get it."

I get up and go over to Dan and Phil, the three of us hugging.

Let's play a game yeah?

I let go of my dads instantly.

Let's play 'I take over your body and make sure you actually kill yourself'.

"no..." I whisper.

"Lexi?" I felt Phil wrap his arm around me.

"Phil... she's coming back... she's controlling I..."

Pain. I closed my eyes and opened them with no control. She had to take over now.

Phil gasps, "Dan... her eyes..."

"What you've never seen me with black eyes before?" She snaps.

"No I..."

"Cos I could easily make fun of you, with the 'hacker' and the hate account."

Phil looked physically hurt. As he looked down.

"WE KNOW THAT'S NOT THE REAL LEXI HOWELL-LESTER!" Dan yells.

"How?" She scoffs, "Did someone tell you? Cos they're wrong."

"I did." I hear Felix's voice.

No!

What was he doing!

She turns and stares, "YOU SNITCH!" She yells, "YOU LYING SWEDISH SNITCH!"

"I did it for everyones safety," Felix spat, "Because that is something you obviously don't understand: since you keep going to hurt Lexi."

I feel her control my legs, making me walk towards him. His eyes flashed with horror.

She goes over to Felix and pushes him to the ground, "NO ONE TALKS ABOUT ME BEHIND MY BACK!"

She punches him. She punched my friend. I yell out but no one can hear me.

"i'm bored, I'm going. I guess I can reference myself as a new person as everyone knows cos of him," she points at Felix who looks back in absolute horror.

Then she leaves.

I fall onto the floor and sit up shaking my head. I see Joe look at me, in surprise, "What just happened?"

Obviously Joe didn't know about her.

I look at Felix and I shuffle to him and hug him, "Felix I'm so sorry I tried to control her I really did..."

"I know you did," he said, holding me close, "And that's all I could wish for."

💥💥💥

I KNOW I DID A 'A/N' AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAPTER BUT MY (2ND) COUSIN PROPOSED TO HIS GIRLFRIEND AND SHE SAID YES!

*squeals*

OK BYE

hannah xx