Chapter 13 ~ Phil

~LEXI'S POV~
I was heart broken. Three days before Christmas and they wanted to get rid of me.

"Lexi..."

"Save your excuses Phil!" I yell, "Yeah we adopt a child and show her off to the internet and four days later take her home! Christmas is in three days! How do you think I feel?"

"Lexi..."

"No! Listen! You and Dan have been my role models for years now! Years! And now you want to send me back to a place that as soon as I step in, I will be beaten up??"

"SHUT THE HELL UP LEXI AND LET ME EXPLAIN!" Phil yells.

I cross my arms, "Go ahead," I say.

Phil sighs, "We don't want to get rid of you. We just need time to figure things put and, hopefully, find out who is hacking Dan and who is stalking us!"

"And then you think you can send your 14 year old daughter away! No!" And I run off. Out the door and out the apartment.

I run and run, not knowing where to go. I keep running till I hand covers my mouth suddenly. I try to scream out but they held my mouth closed tight. Another person approaches and takes off their mask.

Rhianna.

"You really think you could run away?" She laughed, "Who do you think the hacker is? Who do you think the stalker is? Me! And do you know why I did it?" She walks over to me and punches me, the person holding me tightly not staggering back one bit, "I did it so this would happen. So that Dan and Phil will want to get rid of you and you will be back at the orphanage to beat you up."

I struggle in the persons arms and Rhianna punches me over and over and whacks my knees till I feel them collapse.

"Let her go Tom, I want to hear her talk." Rhianna spits.

I fall to the ground after this Tom person chucked me to the ground, "Why would you do this?" I gasp.

"Because I hate you and you don't deserve a family," and she punched me again in the face and I fell back giving her full access to kick me in the ribs.

I yelled out in pain, hoping someone, ANYONE would hear me and find me.

Rhianna slips her mask back on before they carry on beating and hurting me for five minutes until the three if us heard a booming noise.

"HEY! GET OFF OUR DAUGHTER!"

Phil?

~DAN'S POV~
I looked at Phil in the kitchen. His cheeks were red and eyes puffy, "I'm scared Dan," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

Phil looked at me as if I was stupid, "Dan, our daughter left because of me. And it is dark outside, like really dark... what if she get's hurt? What if..."

We are interrupted by the cry of a girl from our open window. I look at Phil, "Lexi," he said and we ran out the house and down the thousands of stairs.

We run out and down the street until we see her. She was being beat up by a group of masked people. She was crying out, desperate for help.

"HEY!" Phil yelled angrily, "GET OFF OUR DAUGHTER!"

The masked people look at us before running off, leaving Lexi.

I ran to her, and knelt by her, "Lexi? Oh my god Lexi? Are you ok?" She says nothing, "Lexi say something! Please?"

"That was her..." Lexi said, coughing.

"That wad who?" I said panicked.

"That was... the hacker... the stalker... she told me..." Lexi began to cough again.

Phil came and knelt next to me, "Who was she?" I asked as Phil hugged Lexi saying he was sorry over and over again.

"Rhianna," Lexi said.

I looked at her, "Rhianna... from the foster home?"

Lexi nodded and I turned to Phil, "I told you that was a bad place Phil."

Phil frowned, "I'm really sorry Lexi... I was out of my mind and selfish. I shouldn't have said that about you what-so-ever." He leant forward and hugged Lexi and she accepted it, hugging him back.

"Let's go back inside," I suggest and they both nod. I pick Lexi up bridal style and carry her up. In the apartment, we could see what Rhianna had done and Lexi was able to tell us exactly what she had said about her.

I once again felt sick. I knew Rhianna was a bad person but never did I think she would do this.

"We can't leave this forever," I say, "We'll have to call the police or something..."

Lexi's eyes widen, "No! If Rhianna finds out I told you guys... she'll beat me again!"

"But if we tell the police they can catch her," Phil says, walking out the room to get his phone to order pizza.

I sit next to Lexi, "Everything will be ok," I say.

She lies her head on my lap, "Yeah," and then she falls asleep.