Chapter 49 ~ Planning

I wake up and look at my phone. It was 10am on a Saturday. I yawn and get up out of bed before walking down to the kitchen to look for food, my metal leg clanking as I did so.

There was nothing. Nothing in the fridge except milk and juice. I look in the freezer and it was ready meals that needed to be de-frosted before even being cooked.

I look in all the cupboards but one again, ready meals that needed cooking. The biscuits had gone stale and even Dan was out of cereal.

I groan aloud. I then go back up to my room where I put on my hoodie and jeans and switch to my running leg. I put on my one converse and put my phone and money in the back pocket.

I walk down the stairs and see a sleepy Phil.

"What are you doing up so early?" Phil asks.

"We have no food," I say, "So I was gonna get us all breakfast from McDonalds..."

"Sounds awesome!" Phil exclaims happily.

I nod in agreement, "That's what I thought. So I'll see you and Dan later yeah?"

Phil nods quickly, "Hell yeah!"

I go out the apartment and I look at Jake's apartment door. Maybe he would like to come? After all, I knew how much he enjoyed McDonalds.

I knock on the door and Jake opens it, "Lexi! Hi! What's up?"

I smile and hug him, "We have no food in so I wondered if you wanted to come with to get a McDonalds breakfast for us...?"

Jake grabs his coat and grabbing his keys, slams the door shut, "Was it really necassery to ask me?" He asks and we all leave the building together and head to our local McDonalds.

We order four breakfast McMuffins for each of us and we happily take them away. But as soon as we step outside, a black van appears and parks in front of us. I recognise the van from somewhere...

*flashback to chapter 20*
I sank down and sat on the doorstep. The outside air was cold but I couldn't go back in, not with Adrian in the house. I looked around the street, cars driving past... until a van pulled up in front of the house.

I stood up quickly and went to open the front door. Typical. Locked. I looked at the van where a person was approaching me. It was dark so I couldn't make out there face. I felt sick and began to knock at the door frantically.

"Dan? Did you lock the door?" I heard Phil's voice ask.

There was a muffled response. And then footsteps coming towards the door. That was when the figure behind me grabbed me and I yelled out, "HELP!"

The door swung open as the stranger took me away, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" It was obviously Dan's voice. Anyone could tell. The stranger let go of me abruptly and I fell onto the gravel driveway abruptly, cutting my knee; I could feel the blood.

I looked back and saw Dan fighting this person. I looked closer and gasped. It was Ricky.

"What the hell Ricky?" I yelled.
*End of flashback*

"Ricky..." i whisper.

"What?" Jake asks, "Lexi babe... what's going on??"

I say nothing as I see him, Ricky, get out the van. Jake was holding all the food and quickly I link arms with him and pull him along.

"Hey, Lexi!" I hear him yell. No doubt about it with his harsh voice.

I freeze to the spot, mortified.

"Lexi who's that," Jake asks, "Is it one of George's friends..."

"George?" Ricky scoffs, "I'm Ricky. Me and Lexi ho way back don't we."

I feel myself go pale as he tries to pull me away, "Leave me alone," I whisper.

Ricky grabs me by the waist and lifts me up. I begin to scream and kick. Jake instantly get s the idea and tries to get me down but he can't; Ricky is too strong and too tall.

I manage to hit Ricky's weak spot and he drops me suddenly. Still clutching the food, Jake pulls me away quickly, "Who was that babe? And why did he attack you?"

I feel tears run, "He use to bully me. He use to beat me and make me feel un wanted and useless. He attacked me then and at Christmas cos he hates me..."

Jake hugs me close, "I'm so sorry..."

"Jake I can't take this any longer," I say.

Jake pulls away, "What do you mean?"
(WHEN YOU NOD YOUR HEAD YES BUT YOU WANNA SAY NO, WHAT DO YOU MEAN?)

"I don't want to be here anymore..." I whisper.

"Babe please..." Jake pleads with me, "Don't do anything..."

"But I don't want her and I am fed up of Ricky..." I feel tears trickle down my cheeks.

"How about we run away together; fake our death?" Jake says, "Lexi I want to be with you no matter what. And we don't know what happens after death where we might be split up. If we fake our death we can still be together..."

I look into Jake's blue eyes; the ones I fell for when I met him for the first time when he just walked into the hospital ward in the middle of the night.

"Yes..." I say, "But where will we go?"

"America," Jake says, "And I know how we can do it."

"Really..." I ask and Jake nods.

"All you have to do is when we go back to your house, pack a bag with all necessary things but nothing obvious. Then I will take it to a friends house with my stuff. Then tomorrow I will come for you. I will accidentally crash the car and then we escape and head to America."

I didn't want to leave Dan and Phil but this was the only way I would be happy.

I nod, "Ok. Let's do that."