Chapter 20 ~ Dan's family

We spend until 11am with phil's family on Boxing Day before it is time to head off to meet Dan's family. I was excited and you could see Dan was too to see his family after a long time.

Phil's dad drove us to the train station and hugged is all individually. He then drove away and Phil turned to us, "Let's catch that train!"

Me and Dan couldn't help but burst out laughing, "What?" Phil asked.

"You voice... it's so... northern!" Dan managed to say through fits of laughter.

"Is it?" Phil said hurriedly.

"Yeah," I giggle as we walk through the crowd of people on the train platform.

🌟🌟🌟

*Da time skip cos I am lazy as fuck*

We arrive at Dan's parents house and Dan had a big smile plastered across his face as he knocked the door. His mom answered and she rapped Dan into the biggest hug, "Oh Dan I've missed you so much!" She exclaims as she lets go. She hugs Phil and then see's me, "So this is the girl you and Phil adopted? Lela is it?"

"It's Lexi, mom, not Lela," Dan laughs, "And yeah she is."

Mrs Howell looked happy to see me and we soon were all crammed into the living room and standing next to me was Dan's younger brother Adrian, who looked about 14/15, like me. He seemed nice but was very quite... eerily quiet.

We exchanged gifts after having an amazing lunch and the adults having a couple of drinks. And like what Dan and Phil had done at Phil's house, they admitted that they were in love and a couple to the family.

Everyone seemed so supportive until I saw Adrain strop off to his room upstairs it seemed like. Dan seemed worried and ran after him.

A few minutes later, the chat around the living room broke to the sound of Dan's voice, "Adrian! Lexi is our daughter! You can't have a crush on her!"

Everyone looked at me. I felt sick. Adrian had a crush on me? Me?

Phil came over and hugged me, "I... I need some air," I said quickly and break away from Phil's hug and open the front door and step outside and closing the door.

I stand there, breathing in and out the air through my nose. There was a open window above me which obviously was Adrian's room as the sound of Dan and Adrian talking came out of it before footsteps left.

I sank down and sat on the doorstep. The outside air was cold but I couldn't go back in, not with Adrian in the house. I looked around the street, cars driving past... until a van pulled up in front of the house.

I stood up quickly and went to open the front door. Typical. Locked. I looked at the van where a person was approaching me. It was dark so I couldn't make out there face. I felt sick and began to knock at the door frantically.

"Dan? Did you lock the door?" I heard Phil's voice ask.

There was a muffled response. And then footsteps coming towards the door. That was when the figure behind me grabbed me and I yelled out, "HELP!"

The door swung open as the stranger took me away, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" It was obviously Dan's voice. Anyone could tell. The stranger let go of me abruptly and I fell onto the gravel driveway abruptly, cutting my knee; I could feel the blood.

I looked back and saw Dan fighting this person. I looked closer and gasped. It was Ricky.

"What the hell Ricky?" I yelled.

Dan and Ricky looked at me, "This is Ricky?" Dan asks and I nod.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask him.

"My nan lives two doors down," Ricky snarled, "So when I saw you and your dads come, I had to come for you..."

"Just get away from me you freak!" I yell and run into the house and into mine and my dads temporary room. I lock the door and lie on Dan and Phil's bed for the night and cry.