Chapter 3

I'm not even mad about what I did with...who ever that guy is. It was the fact that I didn't remember anything that happened that night. I was out with my girls and then next thing I know, I was at home in my bed. I don't remember meeting that guy or going to his house, just simply arriving at the club and that was it.

I sighed as I drove my car into the garage of my new house. My dad bought me it after I got offered a real job at the end of my junior year. The only way I could keep that job was if I transferred to a school here, so I decided to go to The Massechusets Institution of Technology. They were willing to pay for everything, so why not go here? I am truly blessed to be here too. I have a big ole house to myself and my little dog that I just got not too long ago. I felt like I really needed someone to keep me company, so I got a dog.

I took my shower and washed my hair before getting dressed in a pair of denim high waisted shorts and a white t-shirt. I put on a pair of black high top Converse just in time as my door bell rang. I ran down the stairs and opened the door to see my best friend from my hometown in California . We grew up together and but she moved early in high school because her dad got a job here.

The car ride to the restaurant was fun. We jammed to music and reminisced on the old times that we had. I've seen her every single week that I've been here and it seems like every time we hangout, we have new stories to tell from when we were younger. The laughs were the same and majority of the time we cried because we laughed so much. My stomach started to hurt from laughing so much at some of the things that we did together as children, but it was all worth it back then. We even told stories about recent things that happened, at least in the past couple of years. We both just turned 21, so the only thing the only recent story that we have is celebrating on a cruise to the Bahamas over the summer.

"Speaking of that cruise, I met that guy again." I said.

"The guy from the cruise?" Cara questioned.

"No, from the bar. Remember when that guy got me that drink? He plays for the New England Patriots." I said.

"No way, what's his name?" She asked as she ate a french fry.

"I have no idea, look up number 87 on your phone." I said pointing to her phone as I sipped my drink.

"Look it up on my phone? I don't need to. Everyone in Massachusetts knows who he is, he's Rob Gronkowski."

"Why does everyone know him?" I asked her.

"He's a party boy, greatest tight end in the NFL. You really need to look him up, you might need to start talking to him." She winked at me.

"No, I won't do that. I work with him, that's so awkward Cara." I laughed.

"Well, don't be surprised if you end up in his bed half naked one day." She said to me.

I scoffed. "That already happened."

She almost choked on her drink. "What?! You slept with Rob?" She yelled which made other people in the restaurant stare at us.

"No, well yeah I slept next to him, but we didn't do anything. I just remembered kissing him and then blasting music and then passing out. I don't even know how I got home that morning, I may have walked, I don't know. That's how fucked up I was."

"Sydney! That's so bad, you should have just stayed there or called me." Cara yelled at me, but was quiet enough that no one could hear.

"I was going to call an Über but I had lost my phone. I think it's in his car or at his house somewhere. I haven't really looked for it." I said.

"Well you better find it fast, I think he has a girlfriend."

Girlfriend? Did she say girlfriend? My eyes immediately widened as I ate my food and continued to talk to Cara. I can't believe he has a girlfriend, it sure doesn't seem like it. Especially the fact that he bought me a drink and casually showed me the videos from that night. I sighed as I finished eating my lunch with Cara before she dropped me off back at home.