Chapter 45

The dinner party has been great so far. Camille looks beautiful as ever and I probably the happiest I've been in months. It was a beautiful day and perfect weather to bond with the best athletes to ever make it.

I grabbed Camille's hand as we all made our way to the dinning area here in the Kraft household. I'm sure this is the biggest I'll ever be in. Who has enough money to get a full ballroom inside their house? Robert Kraft can.

"I never get tired of being in here." I said to the table

"Especially when you're getting rings." Tom said showing off one of his many Super Bowl rings.

"I sat right next to Jimmy when we got our rings last year and he looked like a five year old getting ready to eat cake for dinner." I laughed.

The table laughed and Jimmy hid his face in embarrassment.

"I was happy, okay?" Jimmy said trying not to laugh.

Camille hit my arm at how I'm completely murdering Jimmy right now. I feel kinda bad, but it was funny, so I guess I don't feel that bad.

We were interrupted by Mr. Robert Kraft picking up the microphone. He tested it before flashing his signature smile that made a few people clap and howl. I watched as he turner off the mic and passed it to Sydney. He said as few things to her and she nodded her head. He patted her shoulder like he does to all of the players before and after a good game.

I heard Tyler yell her name and it put a smile on my face. Not that it was Sydney, but because Tyler is the cutest kid ever.

"Good evening everyone and welcome to the annual Kraft Organization dinner. My name is Sydney Kraft and I am the granddaughter of the wonderful Robert Kraft and favorite child of Jonathan Kraft,"she paused as a few laughs were let out, "For those who do not know me, I trained with the team for a little under five months this past season and it was honestly the best time of my life so far. There are many talented and wise young men in this room right now who work their tails off every single day during the season to help make this organization the best in the AFC East, and possibly in the world. I would like to congratulate all of the new draft picks and free agency who are now apart of this organization. You are not only apart of a team, but you are apart of a life long family that not only make you a better athlete, but make you a better and stronger individual as a whole. Congratulations to all of you and welcome to the New England Patriots family."

We all clapped as she smiled and handed the mic to Mr. Kraft. I watched her walk off stage and I couldn't help but notice how nice she looked today. I stared as Tyler sat on her lap and she started laughing at Blake about something.

"Babe." I heard.

"Huh?" I said turning my attention to Camille.

"I asked if we were going anywhere else tonight." She smiled.

"Oh, no. Unless you want to."

"No, I want to spend some alone time with you." She kissed my cheek.

I nodded and referred my attention to Mr. Kraft who was tell the same ole's story he tells every chance he gets. About how proud he is of us and how Bill is the best coach ever. The usual.

After the dinner, it soon died down. It was late and most of the kids wanted to go home because they were tired. It is almost, so I thought about get going myself.

I yawned. "Are you ready?" I asked Camille.

"Yeah, ready when you are."she smiled.

I grabbed her hand and we were on our way out when I heard small foot steps behind us.