Chapter 46

Right now I feel like I'm in a pickle. I have been talking with Brandon and a few of my close friends about the whole where Rob and I stand thing. And though it has taken awhile, I have realized that Rob isn't the one for me. I am not getting any younger and I believe that I should look into my future and find a guy who is genuine and kind. One that is looking for a long term relationship and doesn't just want to fool around like Rob does. One who can keep promises and live up to the expectations that I deserve.

I took a deep breath as I pulled into Robs drive way. I need to get closure before moving on in my life, and I don't want any tension between my future relationship(s) and his current one with Camille.

I then got out of the car and rang the doorbell. I stood there waiting for a bit until the door opened.

"Uh, hi. Rob isn't here right now." Camille said.

"No, I know. I'm actually here to talk to you. May I come in?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. Do you want anything to drink?"

"I'm fine, I'll only be here for a little bit. I just wanted to talk since I know we're not on the best of terms."

"I get it, I have been meaning to talk to you too."

"I just want you to know that I mean no harm to your relationship with Rob. He seems happy and if it looks like I'm imposing, I'm sorry, I don't mean it."

"You're fine. I feel really bad, I was the one who ruined your relationship, not him."

"He had a choice and he chose you, it's fine. I'm not mad anymore. Actually, I really don't care that much anymore."

"Why is that? I thought you loved him?" She questioned.

"I did at the time, but the past few weeks had me thinking. You and him were engaged when I first met you right?"

"A little after that, but it was a promise ring." He laughed.

"See, that's what I don't get. He gave you a promise ring and broke it, he gave me a promise ring and broke it too."

"He got you a ring?"

"Yeah," I said holding up my finger, "I haven't taken it off since we broke up because I would think that things would change, but then I remember you guys being together and how everything is repeating and that the ring is worthless now."

She paused to think. "That's so crazy, I never thought of it like that. It was never really us that had the problems, it was him." She said.

I nodded. "I'm not here to ruin your relationship again, I just wanted things to be cleared up. I had a fun time while we were friends for that short few weeks, and I hope we can probably start again?" I asked.

"How about we talk about it tomorrow over lunch?" She asked.

"I can't, I'm leaving tonight for work."

"Right... When you get back then we'll hangout. I'm happy you came over." She said hugging me.

"Thank you so much."

I waved goodbye as Camille closed the door to the house. I sighed in relief that it was over and I was truly happy that everything would be finally coming into place.

When I got home, I took it into my own hands to go ahead and talk to Rob's mom. Her and I have been getting close, I just need advice from her about the whole Camille and I being friends thing. I have been talking to her about almost everything, and I promised her that I would call her regarding what I had just did.

"Hey, how did it go?" She asked.

"It went well, we're going out to lunch when I get back from my trip.