Chapter 26

Over the past two weeks I have been receiving flowers at work and at home. At first it was fun, but now, it's kind of creepy. They're all sent anonymously, but the first one was sent by a guy named Daddy.  I even asked my dad about them and he said he didn't send me them. I also asked the person at the store where the flowers were coming from, and she said she wasn't allowed to tell me for security purposes. I even tried to pay her to tell me, but she wouldn't budge.

"Blake, hurry up! Dad said it's going to start in 30 minutes." I said yelling at my brother.

"Oh shut up. I always wait for you, so you can wait for me." He said walking down the stairs.

"I don't want to miss it. I have nothing else to do on a Friday night." I said throwing a tantrum.

"You're worse than Tyler, I swear. Help me with my tie."

I sighed as I fixed his black tie before he grabbed his keys and we were on the road. The short drive to Tylers school was filled with silence besides the light classical music playing in the background that my brother loves. Soft hums came from him as he drove while I fiddled on my phone trying to disregard the fact that Blake was really getting into those songs.

When we arrived at Tyler's school, we sat in one of the first front rows where our dad was sitting as well. He was still in his work clothes, so he was wearing a suit and tie like he usually does. Blake wore a pastel purple shirt with dress pants and brown dress shoes, and I had on a royal blue colored dress and black riding boots on.

Tyler waved to us has he saw us from the stage. He stood next to a few of his classmates and soon his first winter play started.

The songs they sang were beautiful. Well, not really... But coming from a group of kindergarteners it was nice. Tyler even had a lead role in the play today! He was the guy who saves the girl from her house in woods in the middle of a cold winter night. I spoke to him about it before, but he said it was all a surprise on what he was doing in the play. I guess you could say I feel like a proud mother tonight considering my son just preformed a great show in front of hundreds of parents and people in our community.

"Who's that guy that Tyler is talking to?" Blake asked.

"I don't know. Maybe one of his teachers." I shrugged.

Soon, Tyler walked towards us with a big smile on his face after talking to the mystery man on the other side of the auditorium. He hugged me and the rest of our family before holding my hand and walking outside with all of us.

"Tyler, who was that guy you were talking to?" I asked him.

"I don't know, he said he was a friend of yours."

Huh? "What did he say to you?" I asked.

"He said I did good and that he'll see me later."

"Do you know who it was?" I asked.

"No, he had sun glasses on." He replied as he hopped into the car.

"Tyler, what did I tell you about talking to strangers?" Blake added.

"Sorry daddy." He said buckling in his seat belt.

I sighed as Blake gave me a look regarding the fact that someone who knew me was at Tyler's event. We have no idea who it was, and I have no clue who it would even be. I don't have may guy friends here besides the ones on the team and a few from work, as well as some that I don't talk to much anymore from school.

When he dropped me back off at my house, Tyler gave me a big hug and kiss goodnight before I walked into my home. I took my shoes off at the door before running up stairs to change. I slipped on a long t shirt and a pair of athletic shorts before going back downstairs to get dinner. Well, not really dinner, more like fruit and a piece of candy.

As I sifted through my refrigerator, my front door bell rang which startled me considering it was so late at night. I thought it would have been my brother saying I left something, but it's been so long since he's dropped me off that I have no idea who is at the door. When I finally made my way to the door, no one was there. No one except a vase of flowers that looked oh so familiar along with a note that was typed like it usually is.

Sydney,

It's been so long since I've seen Tyler, so I decided to come to his play tonight. I hope I don't make a sense when I arrive, but I just want you to know that I still think about the both of you every day. If I don't speak to you tonight, just know that I love you dearly. I'm sorry I keep sending these cheesy notes with flowers, but I have no other way to communicate with you without looking at your beautiful face or hearing you voice. Please forgive me if anything bad happens tonight, please.

-  Anonymous 

Here we go again. Another vase of flowers when I assume was the same person who sent the first vase, along with the many others after. Even with all the notes, I still cannot figure out who this mystery man is. I get a note and flowers from him, once or twice a week at the most, for the past two weeks. I assume this surprise was sent too late considering the play was already over. I'm guessing that the man talking to Tyler tonight was the mystery man. I believe that the note was sent after the fact so that I wouldn't be looking for him at Tyler's school, but now I just want to know who it is.

I called Cara as soon as I walked back inside my house. This is crazy. I have no idea who this is or why they're talking to me. They're targeting my son and I just need to talk to someone about this entire situation.

"What do you want? It's late." Cara said as if I just woke her up.

"I'm still getting those flowers from that guy, do you know who it is?" I asked her.

"Yeah, but I'm not telling you."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier! You knew I've been freaking out for awhile now." I said sighing.

"Sorry, it slipped my mind. But you're good, you know him well. Nothing to worry about, trust me."

"Okay Cara..."

I sighed before hanging up. I sat on the stool in my kitchen and just thought about who it could be. At first I thought it was Rob, but it was signed by a guy named daddy. I don't call Rob daddy, and I don't think I ever will. My own father didn't write it, obviously, so I have no idea who it is. It has to be someone from the last home game, but now I'm positive that it has to be someone I didn't know was there.

Getting up, I turned off all of the lights downstairs and walked into my room upstairs. I sat on the edge of my bed and put the note inside of my dresser before laying down and curling up in my bed. I reached over to the opposite side of the bed and rolled over a bit to look at my hand. I rubbed the bed spread as if Rob was laying there and I just rolled back over and slowly fell asleep.