Chapter 48

I woke up to the sound of the alarm.

8:15 am

I yawned and stretched, almost hitting Sydney in the face with my arm. I laughed to myself as Sydney furrowed her eyebrows at the arm to face contact that almost hit her.

"Sorry about that." I laughed as I swung my arm back over her face.

She pushed it away. "Stop, I want to sleep."

"We have to go to practice, Syd." I said nudging her.

"Just 10 more minutes please?" She said as she rolled over.

"Fine. Only ten."

I watched as she closed her eyes to fall back asleep. I then got up and walked over to her bathroom to take a shower and do everything I needed to do. I looked inside the cabinet under the sink to retrieve a tooth brush considering Sydney had thrown my other one away or was inside of the box that I have yet to go through.

After I was getting ready, I walked back into her room to change clothes and get ready to leave. I searched through her closet, high and low, for my clothes that I left here. I know how she is, she had to have kept at least two outfits because she just loves my clothes so much. I soon found a pair of sweat pants and a shirt to match and put it on.

"Oh what's this?" I said sitting down at the kitchen counter.

"Breakfast. Does Camille not feed you at all?" She said as she took a bite of a strawberry.

"Actually, she cooks a lot better than you." I teased.

"Haha very funny." She smiled.

I ate what she had prepared for us and we were soon on our way to practice. We rode together for the sake of saving another trip if she had to go back to the hospital and get more tests if the doctor called while we were here.

I opened the car door for Sydney and surprisingly no one is in the parking lot to see us walk together. But as Sydney always does when she's uncomfortable, she's looking at her phone trying to utilize herself.

"Are you good?" I asked her before going into the locker room.

"I'm fine." She laughed.

I smiled to her before walking into the locker room and setting my keys on the ledge.

"So what's up with you and Sydney?" Jimmy asked me.

"What are you talking about?"

"Cara and I saw you driving with her last night."

"Nothing is going on."

"Oh come on, it was almost 7 o'clock, Camille is gone, and you're out driving with your ex girlfriend. Something is up."

I looked around. "If I say this, please don't bring it up to anyone. Not even Cara." I whispered.

"I promise, now come on and tell me." He whispered back.

"She might be pregnant, but we don't know yet."

He laughed before pausing. "Wait, you're being serious?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it's a long story on what happened yesterday, but I'll tell you that some other time."

"Well congratulations man, if it's true." He patted shoulder.