Chapter 8

The next few weeks were okay. We lost two preseason games and won two. It mostly had to do with the fact that our main offensive starters weren't playing. But it's the first game of the regular season and I am completely excited. I won't be doing much during the regular season because I started online school last week, but I'm excited to see what this season holds.

I was on the field before pre game started. The guys walked onto the field and the stand roared here at Gillette Stadium. The Green Bay Packers then came onto the field and there was loud "booing" noise going across the stadium. Bill walked over to me and handed me my head set and then gave me a clip board of all the plays we are going to try to execute today.

The game was incredible. At first, Green Bay had us all shook up, but in the end, we won. Rob caught 3 touchdowns and I could tell that he was so hyped up. Every time the offense walked of the field, someone would be yelling at Rob about how well he catches and runs the ball.

I couldn't help but smile to myself when someone would bring up Rob. Him and I have gotten A LOT closer over the past few weeks and I'm happy we have. I'm not saying I like him, but he's such a sweet guy and has pride in everything he does. Every time him and I talk or hangout, we're both always happy and always getting to know each other more and more.

"Pool party at my house!" Rob yelled from inside the locker room.

"Syd, we should totally go." Cara said to me.

"I guess we could, I don't have class until Tuesday."

We waited for Jimmy to come out of the locker room and him and Rob both exited at the same time.

"You coming tonight?" Rob asked Cara and I.

"Yeah, we should be there later." I said.

"Okay, well don't take too long, the party might be over when you guys get there." He winked.

Cara and I went back to my house and we both took showers before getting ready for Robs party tonight. It's almost midnight and it's still really hot outside because it's the peak summer. I put on a white swimsuit and wore a cute grey t-shirt with black denim shorts and black ankle combat boots. Cara chose whatever was in my closet and then grabbed random clothes because she was probably going to sleep over at either Rob's house or Jimmy's house.

When we got there, there were a lot of people. Most of the younger players were here and a lot of people I've never seen before. I wasn't sure if they were fans or just friends and family of the the players here. We walked outside to his backyard and there were even more people. Good thing I left my stuff in my car because I'm sure something would have gotten stolen, plus I have a water proof case on my phone so I'll definitely have that in my hand the entire time.

I got undressed and threw my clothes in a pile of more clothes that was already accumulating. Cara and I took a few pictures for Instagram before actually getting something to drink. I grabbed a beer and a cup full of Grey Goose before locating a few girls that I knew. I was talking to them when I heard my name being called. I turned around and looked across the pool and Rob was waving at me. I excused myself from the group and noticed that Rob was talking to... Camille?

As I walked over there I had no idea what this was about. Why is she here? Why is Rob talking to here? Why does Rob want me over there? Why do I even care about why he's talking to her? We're not dating... Do I like him? No, I can't.

"Yeah babe?" I said to him.

"Can you get me a drink please?" Rob asked.

"What do you want?"

"Surprise me."

I walked away and furrowed my eyebrows. I walked over to the cooler full of beer and Chandler ran up behind me and put his arm on my shoulder as he got a beer for himself.