Chapter 24

I have been at work for a little over a week now and I hate it. This job is a mess. The people are super nice, but the job itself sucks. I work 8-3:30 but I seem to be stuck doing random things super late and I don't leave until a little bit past 4. But besides that, I've gotten pretty close with some of my coworkers.

A girl named Lauren, who trained me for my job, is super sweet. She was the first person, besides the guy who interviewed me, to talk to me on my first day. She started working last year and she's 23, so her and I are probably going to be good friends.

"Do you want to get lunch?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah sure. I just need to finish this and I'll be up ready in a couple of minutes." I smiled.

I finished my work before getting grabbing my purse and heading out to Pinos which is a pizza place a few blocks away.

"So what are you doing tonight?" Lauren asked me while taking a bite of her pizza.

"I'm not sure yet, why?"

"A group of us are going to Patriot Place since the playoff are in a couple days. I heard a few players are going to be there too!"

"Oh, I don't know if I should go." I said trying to give her the hint that I really don't think that that's a good idea.

"Come on, it'll be fun! You said you were single, so you might find yourself an NFL player to marry." She winked.

"Or maybe you could find yours." I laughed.

"I hope so. That Rob Gronkowski guy is so hot. And Julian Edelman is to die for." She said having heart eyes.

"Well maybe one of them will come up to you if they're there."

"I sure hope so!"

Lauren is really excited. It's obvious that no one knows who I am, who I have been with, or who I'm related to. The last thing I want is for me to go to Patriot Place and being recognized by one of the players or something.

When we got done, we stayed at work until it was time to leave and parted way. I put my jacket on and drove to my house where it was warm and toasty. I took my shoes off and set my jacket inside of the coat closet and walked upstairs to my room to take a shower and get ready for tonight.

Yes, I'm going. I feel like it would be shady of me not to go. These are my coworkers now and I need to bond with them and be a normal person and go to Patriot Place just like everyone else.

I took a shower and washed my hair. I then blow dried it and curled it just a tad so that I could at least look decent tonight. I put on a pair of light ripped jeans and cuffed them at the bottom so that I could wear these really cute nude heels with them. I put on a maroon shirt before sitting in my kitchen and ate a sandwich. While I was doing that, I was distracted by my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, what are you doing tonight?" Cara asked.

"I'm about to leave to go to Patriot Place with my coworkers." I said.

"Oh! I'm going too! Jimmy is driving there if you want us to pick you up?" She asked.

"No, I think my coworker Lauren is picking me up. I don't want them to know I know you guys."

"But you're Sydney Kraft? How do they not know?" She asked.

"I don't know, that's a good question."

"Well, they're going to know when they see your multi million dollar house."

"I'll tell them my dad is a petroleum engineer or something if they ask."