Chapter 16

I had just rushed home from picking up Tyler because Camille said she needed to come over as soon as possible. I was confused through her text on why she wanted to come over so bad, but when she finally rang my doorbell, she looked a mess.

"What happened to you?" I said letting her inside.

"I just broke up with Rob." She said.

"What? What about your baby?" I asked.

"It's not his, okay? I'm really sick of trying to be your friend, you can have him."

"I don't understand?" I questioned.

"Look, I know you guys have been seeing eachother, the only reason I wanted to be friends with you is just so that you wouldn't sleep with Rob. But obviously that didn't work, so I broke up with him. I hope you're happy."

"Okay, that's fine. I mean I haven't had sexual contact with him in over a month, but you know, that's cool too. Your loss."

She scoffed before leaving the out of the door. I watched as she backed out of my drive way to make sure she didn't hit anything, which she didn't.

"Aunt Sydney, who was that?" Tyler asked. I forgot he was here.

"She's a friend." I said to Tyler.

"She doesn't sound like a friend, she sounds mean."

"Well her and I were friends, okay? We're not friends anymore because she's mean."

"I'll be your friend." He laughed.

"That's so sweet Tyler, thank you." I laughed.

It was later that night when Rob called me. I was in my room doing my homework that's due in a few days when he messaged me asking what I was doing. I told him I was doing homework and he said 'nevermind then' which made me wonder how important he needed to talk to me. I invited him over, but he insisted that I'd go over to his house. I was hesitant at first considering the whole thing that went down in my kitchen last night with the wine glass, but I ended up giving in and telling him I was coming over.

I put on a pair of pants before turning off my computer and blowing out my candles. I slipped on a pair of UGG boots and grabbed my dog before picking up my keys and heading out. I drove the short distance to Robs house and there were a few police cars outside.

"Ma'am, you can't be here." One officer said to me.

"I was just told to come here. I know the code to the gate and everything, this is my best friends house."

"We'll need to verify that first, ma'am." He said rolling his eyes.

I huffed in my car as the officer talked into his walkie talkie thing and asked if I could enter. He nodded to me before letting me through the gate and I parked my car in Rob's driveway. His front door was open, so I just walked in and was amazed at what I saw.

His house was trashed. Like someone broke every single vase in his house. The large plants he had in his foyer were taken out of their pots and dirt and rocks were everywhere. There was writing on the walls and everything else you can imagine.

"You seriously brought your dog?" Rob asked.

"I didn't have anyone to watch him...what happened."