Chapter 40

It's been almost 2 months and it is now the end of April. Today is Tyler's birthday, so I am excited to have his little party at my house. I have gone crazy over the past few weeks making sure that everything was perfect for his 5th birthday and I made sure that everything he enjoys will have some part of it.

Today is the big day when Noah and I have to tell Tyler about us. And honestly, I'm terrified. I don't know if I want to do it today or some other time, but time is ticking.

"Hey, I told you not to call me today." I said to Brandon.

"I know, but I just wanted to let you know I was coming over later."

"Why? I told you Rob was going to be here."

"Your grandpa invited my family, so I kind of have to go. Do you need help with anything?" He asked.

I sighed. "I forgot they knew each other... Okay, well, Rob is working out with the guys, so I don't know when he'll be back. I'll call you if I need you."

"All right, I'll be here."

We said our goodbyes and I set my phone on the table next to me. I kissed Tyler as I got up to help my brother bring a few things inside like cupcakes and drinks.

I hope this whole party thing goes as planned. It's supposed to be a pool party and this will actually be the first time I'll be using the small indoor pool that leads outside. Blake knows best about it, so I'm thankful for him.

It's been a couple of hours or so, so the party has finally begun. All of Tylers friends are here and they're all having fun in the pool. There are a group of parents here as well, but most of them just dropped their kids off or are inside drinking with Blake.

"Where's Rob?" Noah asked me.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know, I mean, it's Tyler's birthday and he's not here."

"He's just out practicing with the guys."

"Well sorry I asked, I was just wondering."

I have been messaging Rob all day and he hasn't replied. And yes, I know he's with his friends, but he has been reading them and not replying, so he has to be on his phone, right?

Tyler got out of the pool and ran up to Noah who was sitting on the other side of the table with me. He sat on his lap and ate an ice cream cone that my dad gave him.

"Let me take a picture of you guys." My dad said.

I sighed as I set my phone down and got up. Noah had picked up Tyler and had him on his hip as I stood on the other side.

"Oh come on you two, stop acting like you never loved each other." My dad slurred.

Yeah, my dad has been drinking.

I laughed as Noah pulled me closer and I put my hand on his bare chest. I'm sure my dad took hundreds of photos because I was smiling for the longest time.

"That's cute, send it to me." I smiled.

My dad nodded as he walked away. Tyler ran off with his friends, so I left to get something to drink.

As I walked inside, I started talking to people who were there. Cara had just shown up with Jimmy, which automatically made me think Rob was here. I truly did get excited as Tom walked inside with his kids and Gisele. And then Julian and Danny came inside since they all know Tyler, but there was no sight of Rob.

I looked out of the window and his car wasn't there. I checked my phone, still no messages back. Where could he possibly be? He was with the guys, so he should have been here, right? Or did he go home to get something?