Chapter 41

Seeing Rob at the door was the last thing I expected at this time of night. He looked surprised at how surprised I was to see him. Or surprised that Noah was leaving.

"Where have you been babe?" I asked him as I walked up to him. He was now in the foyer.

"I was at home, I didn't feel well."

"Why didn't you tell me this? I could have came over."

"No, it's fine. It's Tyler's birthday, you should have been here. I only stopped by to say hello."

"Oh, okay, um. Everyone else is in the living room and Tyler should be awake in the second guest room."

He kissed me before walking away from me and into the living room. For some reason, he smells like fresh cologne. Like he just sprayed it before walking into my house. So much that it tickled my nose a little causing me to sneeze.

"Everything okay? We heard you guys yelling from upstairs" Cara whispered to me.

"Yeah, we're fine. Noah just left, so things should be a little better." I fake smiled.

"Something is up, what is it?"

"I don't know, I have a weird feeling about something but I don't know what."

I then heard my brother and Brandon walk into the room which caused Rob to turn around. The look on his face when he saw Brandon just instantly made him angry. He really despises him.

"What's he doing here?" Rob said pointing to Brandon.

"I invited him Robert." My grandpa said.

"Not to be mean or anything, but why? Do you know who he is?" He asked.

"Uh, actually, yes. I've known him since he was a boy."

Rob looked at Brandon and then me. "You guys dated before, huh?"

"No," we both said at the same time, "we just met, you know that babe." I smiled to him.

"I was only asking." He raised his eyebrows and rolled his eyes.

The rest of the night was weird. Soon after that whole thing, Brandon, my dad, and my grandpa left. The only people still here were Cara, Jimmy, my brother and his wife, and Rob. Though, Rob left to go upstairs and lay in my room as I stayed downstairs with my friends. I drank a little before saying good night to my brother and his wife, and then to Cara and Jimmy.

I turned off the lights in my house and walked upstairs into my room. Rob was laying on my bed without a shirt as always and he had on a pair of shorts and socks as well.

After getting out of the shower, I tied my hair into a ponytail and laid next to Rob.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked him.

"Yeah, that's why I showed up."

"Oh, okay."

"Why are you being so weird today?" He asked.

"I should ask the same thing about you."

"I told you I wasn't feeling well, babe."

"I know, but still. I'm not being weird at all and you are."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed. "I don't know, something feels different. You don't feel it?"

"No," he laughed, "just go to bed."

I laid down next to him and rested my hand on his chest. He pulled me closer to him and let his arm rest around me. I was only laying there for not even ten minutes until I felt something completely abnormal. I rubbed around his chest and felt little scratches on his chest that are usually never there. I then reached over Rob to turn on the light and I almost fell over. I looked at his chest and it looked like there were scratches all over it. I sat there confused and sighed as I put two and two together.