Chapter 60

"We got to go out there and do our jobs, boys!" Bill yelled to the team as we were in the locker room.

It's the weekend before thanksgiving and we are playing the 49ers here in San Fransisco. It's warm outside compared to the what it has been in New England and all of the boys are excited about it. We've been cold a little too long up north, it was time for us to go to sunny California for a weekend.

I ran onto the field with our helmets on as I moved my arm brace to make it a little more comfortable. I yawned before catching the ball from Tom as we warmed up.

"I got a feeling this is going to be a game to remember." I said to Coach Bill.

"I sure hope so Rob." He said as he hit my shoulder.

After warming up, the game started and it was going really good. We were up 18 points at the end of the first quarter and I had two touch downs already. The crowed was wild from seat to seat. Probably one of the most exciting starts we've had in a long time.

"Don't get too cocky boys, we still have 3 quarters to go!" Bill yelled across the bench.

"Coach, do you know who you're talking to? We're the dream team!" Patrick Chung shouted causing some of us to laugh.

"Well I sure hope you remember that in a few weeks against Miami." He joked back.

The game soon came to an end and we won 48-24. The locker room was wild afterwards. Such a good game and a great atmosphere to be in

"Hey Rob, do you want to come over after this and drink? Since all of the girls are staying here tonight." Jimmy asked

"Uh, I'll have to pass on that one, but thank you."

"Are you sure? A few of the guys are going."

"I'll think about it after this flight." I replied.

He nodded before putting a shirt on and walking away. I looked up, noticed a group of reporters coming up to me. That's probably why he left.

"How are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Good. Would you like to answer a few questions for us tonight?" One asked.

"Sure, go ahead." I replied.

"You had a really good game tonight Rob. You scored multiple touchdowns and you were light on your feet, was there a reason for this?"

I thought about it. "We've worked really had for the past week for this game and it paid off. That's all I have to say about that."

"I have to ask, when are you getting married Rob?"

I laughed. "Soon hopefully."

"Does your fiancé Melanie play a big part in your game?"

"Uh, yeah. She's really supportive of both myself and our team. She enjoys watching us all play and have a good time."

"How do you plan to celebrate those touchdowns tonight when you get back to Mass?"

"It'll be around midnight, so I'll probably just go home relax." I laughed. "Will that be all?" I asked.