First Time For Two

-Hwayoung POV-

Mai unnie needs some reassurance, the guys and Lena were by the snack bar. Mai was in the makeup room, I decided to go check on her.

"Hwayoung? Hey.. where'd my girlfriend go?" Jimin said.

Quickly and quietly, I made it down the corridor going unnoticed and searched for Mai's room.

"Ah here it is.."

I knocked before walking inside, "Unnie?"

"Uhm..come on in, Eunice."

I gladly did so and found Mai wiping her tears, had she been crying?

"Hey.."

She looked at me and forced a smile, "Hey you."

Her eyes are watery, what's wrong?

Hmm.. maybe I won't instigate just yet

"Uhm...you were great out there. You're getting a lot of positive feedback. Some fans are actually apologizing for false judgement. Isn't that great?" I said happily.

She didn't smile, instead she turned around and sighed, "That's great.."

Something is obviously bothering her.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"No. I'm not."

"Mai?"

She turned to look at me, "Eunice.. do you think I'm crazy?"

"What?" I said in disbelief, "No. Never? Why would you-"

"Then you HAVE to believe me when I tell you this.."

She's going to mention that name.

"Uhm.. ok?"

"Shin-Mae can merge into anything or anyone, whether we're protected or not, I don't think we're safe!" She held my arms, "We need to keep our gaurd up wherever we go and whoever we're with. We cannot trust anyone."

"Mai.. I believe you but-"

"But what?"

"How will we know if she's in front of us or not?" I asked.

"Just look at her eyes, her pupil is the only thing that doesn't change."

"Ok.."

She hugged me, "I'm sorry if I sound dumb but.." she pulled away, "I don't want anyone else to get hurt."

"Of course. Neither do I."

"Especially now that word is out and all eyes are on us. It would suck if something were to happen."

I nod, "Right."

She sighed, "I think at any moment I'm going to go insane.. like as much as I try to keep it cool..I can't." She looked at me, "No one believes me."

"I believe you."

"I know.. but Hoseok doesn't, Jimin doesn't, neither does my own best friend."

I frowned, "May I suggest something?"

She looked at me, "What?"

"How about you show some proof? You know like.. ehhmm.. do a bit of research?"

"Research?" She retaliated.

I nod, "Yep. That will do you some good and perhaps, Detective Seung can look more into her profile. You gotta find something."

"Eunice, I don't know. That's a good idea but.. what if I don't find anything? What if I just make myself look more crazy than I already am?"

"Don't be so negative, I'll help you." I smiled.