My Hope

Joshua and I took the bus home, he fell asleep on my shoulder. It gave me time to text detective Seung to be at my house before I get there. He should be there by now.

I looked down at Joshua, laying and sleeping peacefully on my shoulder.

Perhaps he didn't deserve what he got, but maybe there was a reason for it. A reason I may never know but, shit happens.

He's still a murderer regardless, his sob story does not change my perspective of him. But aside from suffering the consequences, he needs mental help. Otherwise he could get worse.

We arrived to my bus stop and I gently shook him, "Joshua wake up." I whispered.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes, "Hmm?"

"We're home."

He sits up, "Oh is that so?"

I nod and we get off the bus and start walking to my house.

In all honesty, I want to run, to know that detective Seung is there waiting to finally arrest this man is so scary yet relieving.

"I'm glad I can trust you, Mai." He said with a sheer smile.

"Yeah.." I avoid his gaze, "You need it."

He chuckles, "When I get better, I'll be sure to thank you."

You can thank me by not killing me after this.

"Were you ever afraid of me?" He asked.

Why? Why ask such a thing that has such an obvious answer?

I sighed, "I'll admit I was a little.."

He giggles, "Oh Mai."

At last we arrived to my block, but I didn't see detective Seung anywhere. It only made me more cautious and worried.

He walked me up to my doorstep, "You know I'm very happy, now that things are settled between us." He said.

I noticed detective Seung coming up behind Joshua, handcuffs ready. And his handgun in hand.

I smiled, "Not quite." I said.

He tilted his head, "Huh?"

"Put your hands up, you're under arrest." Detective Seung said targeting Joshua.

He glared at me, "You fucking bitch." He muttered.

I gulped.

DS: Just cooperate with me and no one will get hurt.

"It's for your own good, Joshua," I told him, "I promise they'll get you help."

"You lied to me." He growled as detective Seung handcuffed him.

"You will thank me later.." I mumbled.

"Bullshit!" He hissed, I gasped and took a step back.

Detective Seung swung him forward and pressed him against the wall, "Don't you dare try a move, I have been chasing you for over 4 years now, you bastard."

Joshua chuckled, "It's been 4 years? Hm. Eunah would be having her first child by now..wouldn't she?"

Detective Seung smashed his against the wall.

I gasped, "Stop!" I exclaimed.

"You low life piece of shit. How dare you mention her name in front of me." Detective Seung muttered.

"Detective Seung please..just do your job." I pleaded.

"Yeah do your job, Jae, haha or do you still suck since you couldn't save your sister?" Joshua said.