Loss of Hope

-Hwayoung POV-

Jimin didn't dare chase after me.

1. His management would interfere

And 2. He knew I'd scream at him.

But I'll worry about that later, for now I have to make sure, Mai, is ok. Something is off and I know it's bad.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

-@ Mai's House-

I rang the doorbell for the 5th time and no answer. Where the hell is she? I'm soaked and worried at the same time, pretty cold too.

I banged on the door, "Mai? Are you home?" I banged again, "Mai!"

Silence.

Still nothing.

Something is really wrong! I took the courage to break into her house. I decided to see if her back door was open and indeed it was. Thankfully.

Slowly and quietly I walked in shutting the door, "Mai?" I called. "Mai where are you?"

Again, silence.

My hearts beating fast, I slowly made my way up the stairs. Hoping she'd be in her room SLEEPING and not doing anything else. Although, I doubt Hoseok is here.

Suddenly I heard sobbing.

Mai..

Cautiously I opened her bedroom door and switched on the lights.

I found Mai in the corner curled into a ball, crying silently.

"Mai!" I went towards her and consoled her, "Unnie what's wrong?"

She tried to push me away but I refused to let her do so and held her close, "Unnie its ok..I'm here. What happened? Tell me."

She sobbed and sobbed. I almost felt like crying myself, I wonder what happened to her and caused her to feel like crap.

After a few minutes she finally calmed down and I sat her at the bed. "Unnie.." I put a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She sniffled, "Hoseok is out of my life, forever."

My jaw slightly dropped as I searched her face in disbelief, "What?" I said.

"I just can't anymore...I can't..it's too much...I love him so much it hurts.." her voice cracked and a few tears fell from her cheeks.

"Wait..Mai I'm so confused." I said, "What do you mean you can't take this anymore? What's too much?"

"Everything!" She yelled, "All of this! I do not deserve it! If Hoseok and I are seen together, MY life is ruined and he will have it hard too but not as hard as I'll have it."

"Whoa..Unnie relax. Tell me everything that happened. Why are you saying such things?"

Mai began to tell me what had happened earlier, I wasn't surprised Hoseok confessed. In fact I was MORE surprised she rejected him.

-Flashback-

"I can't do this anymore.." Mai said.

Hoseok seemed utterly confused, "What?" He said.

She pulled away but Hoseok carefully helped her sit down. "We can't date." She said bluntly, "You and I both know what we're in for."

"So?" He said, "Did you not hear me? I could care less!"

"You should care! In the end if we're caught, you're not the one that's going to be hated in the entire fandom. I am! You're not the one that's going to have to move out of here. I am! You're not the one that's going to have this drag with you everywhere you go for the rest of your life. I AM!" She exclaimed.