Chapter three

The next day before school I explain the whole situation to Kelsey and make her swear to secrecy.

"Why can't I tell anyone?!" She gushes. "I want the world to know! This is like something off of a movie or you read in a book! This doesn't just happen! This is meant to be!"

I roll my eyes. "Let's not go so far, Kel" I say. "I'm sure that this is not true love or anything. Plus, I don't know if he'll want anyone knowing that he is talking or anything. Maybe he wants this a secret and until I know for sure, I'm not letting the whole world know."

"Well now you have to talk to him in class" she pokes me.

"I don't know about that. That would be letting people know that he talks and like I said, he might not want that." I remind her

She scoffs. "Please. So did he sound hot?"

My eyes brighten instantly at her words. "Does he ever! His voice his husky and raspy and deep. It's so dark and misterious" I explain

She basically melts at my words. "He sounds sexy and I haven't even heard him myself! I knew he was a Greek god! I knew it!"

I laugh. "Now the next step is getting his hood off."

She purses her lips with a nod. "Operation get Wes's hood off is a go."

I laugh and drag her into the classroom

But this time walking to my seat will be different. It won't be I can't talk to him and won't ever talk to him because now I have heard his voice and have had conversations with him.

We both know this and now it's going to be super duper awkward.

I walk over to my seat with my head down, not bothering to look at his smirk this time.

I keep my eyes focused on the top of my desk and force them not to move in Wes's direction.

My phone vibrates and I look at it.

Wes: you aren't going to stare at me today?

Oh my gosh. He knows that I stare at him everyday when I walk in.

That's embarrassing. I knew he was smirking at me for a reason.

Me: that's embarrassing

Wes: I think it's cute

My cheeks flush pink at the text.

Me: now that I've heard your voice and know that it's you, can I see what you look like?

Wes: only in your dreams. The hood doesn't come off

Me: why

Wes: everyone has their own secrets, mine just seems to be a little more complex

Me: one day?

Wes: we'll see

Me: you can't talk to me? You have to do it through text?

Wes: I have a reputation to maintain. Sorry.

Me: okay

It bothered me that he didn't want to talk in person. It made me feel like I was being used without being used. We don't text again throughout the whole period but I do sneak glances his way. 

He wears a slight smirk as if knowing that I'm watching, which he probably does know that I'm watching.

He bites his bottom lip, causing me to clench my legs together and look away. He make my body erupt all the time. How does he do that?

"Epic fail" I say to Kelsey after class. "Speaking wise that is. He did text me a little bit though. He said he has a secret to maintain and that's why he can't show me his face."

"Oh that sounds dangerous." She shimmies her shoulders. "I love it."

"Me too!" I agree

"Oh my gosh! You are going to fall madly in love with a man you haven't even seen yet! That's so romantic! How cute is that?!"

I make a face. "I highly doubt that we are going to fall in love, Kel"

She shrugs. "Fine. You'll just have to find love at the party tomorrow night."

"Or a good fuck" I say as I shut my locker and walk towards my next class