Chapter thirty six

TREVOR'S POV

I can't eat. I can't sleep. I can barely even move my body without triggering the hurt I feel from my father not being here. 

I won't be able to do these things until I see this man dead, until I see the fear in his eyes before I cut him up like he cut my father up.

My hands it's to pull the trigger of the gun that rests in my hands.

Gabriel stops at my bedroom door and stares at me without saying a word.

"It's about that time" I say more to myself than to him

He reaches into his pocket and throws me the butcher knife from across the room.

I catch it by the hilt and put it in my pocket as I put my gun in the waistband of my jeans.

"Where are you going?" Macy asks me, chasing after me as I speed walk through the house.

"I have to go finish this" I answer as I gather my jacket, my keys, and make sure my gun and knives are in place.

"Why, Trevor? Why?!"

"So I can sleep at night" I reply, heading for the door.

She looks as if she is fumbling for words as she follows after me. "Well...I'm going with you" she blurts out.

"Excuse me?" I give her a look with my hand on the doorknob of the front door.

"I'm going with you" she repeats. "You clearly won't listen to me so I might as well just go with you,"

I contemplate this in my mind for a moment before giving a short shrug. "Whatever makes you feel better." I swing open the door and step out.

Gabriel's eyes go big when he sees Macy climb into the back seat.

"Oh no no" he says, shaking his head. "Get out of the car, Macy. This isn't how things work."

"You've already gotten me involved so I might as well just go!" She protests. "You can't just kick me out."

"The hell I can't!" He says

I rev the engine and sigh, resting back in my seat, waiting for them to be done.

"The girl should never come!" Gabe states. "Haven't you seen the movies? It never ends well when she comes."

"This isn't a movie!" She replies loudly

"Do you know what this would mean for you?" He asks her. "Prison, death, never seeing the light of day again all for what? To ride along with two guys who are about to murder someone? No. I won't allow that."

She folds her arms over her chest and gets comfortable in her seat.

"Let her dig her own grave, Gabriel" I sigh, rolling my head to the side to look at him.

He huffs and sits back in his own seat. "You better not testify against me in court." He mumbles under his breath.

I chuckle a little and back out of the driveway.

**************************

"Is that his house?" asks Gabriel

"Yeah" I shift in my seat, tucking my gun in my jeans and throwing my shirt over it.

"How many people did you say stayed there?" He questions

"Himself and his wife." I answer, clearing my throat

"You never said anything about a wife." He looks at me with a confused expression

I look back at him with a blank expression. "Yeah..." I agree. "She's a bonus."

He sighs in frustration, running his hands through his hair and moving around quite a bit in his seat.

"Hey" I say sternly. "Are you to much of a bitch to go through with this? Because if you are, you can get out of the car right now, I don't mind."

He shakes his head. "I can do it. I'm cool."

I nod

My eyes raise up to the mirror to look at Macy who sits quietly in the back seat.

"Aye"

Her eyes raise to look back at mine through the mirror when she hears me calling to her.

"Last chance" I tell her. "Get out of the car and you'll be fine but the moment you step foot into that house right there, you're life is over."

She looks as if she is contemplating this but she quickly shakes her head as if shaking the thoughts out of her mind. "I'm going"

"You're fucking crazier than me then" I chuckle and open my car door, stepping out. "Let's go"