Chapter eleven

"Mr. Lang" I smile. "How good to see you again. Was my mother expecting you?"

Trevor lang's father stares back at me from outside of my front door. "Nice to see you again, Macy" he replies. "Yes, she was expecting me. We are supposed to be going over my role and duties at her company."

"Of course. Come on in" I step aside as he walks into my house. "Let me go get her."

"Sure"

I walk off to go to my moms room where I find her putting her earrings in. "Mom, mr. Lang is here to see you."

She wears a long black dress that is spaghetti strapped and reaches her feet. Her hair is down in waves,

"Great" she says, sipping from her wine glass once her earrings are in. "Oh honey, go put something nice on, you are embarrassing me."

Trying not to tear up at her words, I nod. "Okay" I say before walking to my room.

I slip on a white dress that is very similar to my mothers but in white. Mine also has the back out where as my mothers does not.

I put my curled hair up in a messy but elegant bun with loose strands hanging, framing my face.

Hopefully this fulfills her needs.

Going back downstairs, I stop short when I find the one and only Trevor Lang standing in my living room, his eyes roaming over the pictures above our fireplace on the mantel, hands in his pockets.

He wears a nice grey tux that fits him like it was specially made for him. His hair along his jaw is scruffy and a little out of place. His hair is a mess on top of his head just like it was the last time I saw him.

"Macy" his husky, panty dropping voice says without even a glance my way

I swallow. "I don't remember opening the door for you."

"It was cracked" he says as if that makes it okay from him to just walk inside.

"I guess I'll have to make sure it's locked from here on out." I reply

I see the corner if his mouth turn up just a little bit.

"You act as if you don't want me here." He comments

"Because I really want a serial killer inspecting my family pictures" I say shortly. "For all I know I could be next."

He chuckles, the sound echoing off the walls and sending me I shivers. "Please...I could be getting close to you just get even closer to your friends...or your other family...it's whatever."

"Your bluffing." I say boldly

"I am?" He asks, his eyes still scanning over everything

"A killer like you would go right for his kill just like you did last time. You wouldn't beat around the bush."

"Hmm" he makes the sound, never confirming or denying my words, and then turns to face me. "Would you mind getting me a drink?"

I narrow my eyes at his enchanting ones.

"Sure" I go to my kitchen and pour him a glass of wine.