Chapter sixteen

"You think that me and Kenny will make it?" Kelsey asks me with her feet propped up on the library table and reading a magazine.

"Make it where?" I snicker. "In the ground? Yeah, you'll probably make it there."

"Be serious"

I sigh, "you and Kenny are just as good as broken up." I tell her. "You fuck whomever you want all the time. You guys have a great relationship but it isn't meant for a romantic type. I think you guys should just be friends."

"If you are asking me if you guys will like, get married or something then my answer is hell no, you shouldn't get married. But, knowing you two, you just might get married." I continue.

"Hm" she says, her eyes scanning over the magazine pages. "Alright."

I scan my eyes over the line of books on the bookshelf along the wall.

"What are you looking for?" Kelsey asks

"A book on Trevor" I answer

"You think there is a book on him? I doubt there is"

"Do you know how many interviews there were when he was convicted and ten the interviews when he was found innocent?" I ask. "They weren't just for no reason. They made books and documentaries about him."

I pull a book from the shelf. "Ta-da!" I hold it up to her. "Inside the life of Trevor Lang. Sounds interesting."

"A book? Why don't you look up whatever you want on the internet?" She asks as if I'm the dumbest person I the world.

"Because the internet can lie, Kelsey. The books always tell the truth. They always give you exactly what you're looking for whereas the internet may lie or just not tell you at all."

She rolls her eyes and lets out an exasperated breath. "Yeah yeah yeah. Do whatever it is you think will give you your answer."

I flip through the pages, ignoring her comments. "Blah blah blah" I mumble. "Birthday...blah...blah"

My eyes brighten. "Here!"

"What?!" She says with fake enthusiasm

I give her a look before saying, "his address."

This time she gives me a look. "You're stalking him now?"

"Shhh!"

My eyes scan over his address.

I stare for a long while at it, not able to look away, not able to actually believe my eyes.

"Well are you going to tell me what the big deal is?!" Kelsey asks, dropping her feet down from the table as leaning forward, actually getting interested.

"Wes and Trevor have the same address." I breathe

"How do you know Wes's address?" She asks in suspicion

I glance up at her. "He told me it when he wanted to hang out" I lie

"Oh..." Her eyes go big. "So Wes and Trevor have the same address."