Chapter thirty three

TREVOR'S POV

I lay on my back on my bed. My left arm is rested behind my head and my right on is limp at my side. I stare up at the ceiling in my dimmed room.

I can't stop thinking about my fathers killer. I can't stop thinking about my options.

I can either kill my fathers murderer because he will never be caught by the police and he needs to suffer the same way my father suffered

But if I kill the man, I also run the extremely high risk of going to prison for the rest of my life. Therefore I will never see Macy again.

Or I have the option of letting my fathers kill run free and spend the rest of my life with Macy. But then the man who killed my dad gets away with it.

I'm stuck and I don't know what I do about it.

"Stop thinking about it" Macy's sweet voice says

The bed dips in from the right of me and I look over to see Macy sitting Indian style facing me.

My right hand moves to rest on her bare thigh.

She looks so beautiful sitting there in only a big t-shirt of mine and her black panties that are exposed to my eyes.

"I'm not thinking about it" I claim

"Yes you are" she says, leaning forward and running a delicate hand through my thick messy brown hair. "Just for a little bit, stop thinking about it. You need at least one good night of sleep."

My eyes drift closed at her touch and soon come open again when her hand travels from my hair to my bare chest.

She traces patterns over my stomach, sending chills throughout my body.

"Can I ask you something, Macy?"

She looks at me with her big eyes with a nod. "Of course, Trevor. Anything."

"Why do you love me?"

She smiles a little at that and stays silent for what seems like a long time. "It's hard to explain" she admits. "You're and asshole. You're arrogant and cocky. You are bossy and act like you have no feelings."

I chuckle. "Okay I get it"

"But" she continues. "I know that there is a whole other side of you that no one sees. There's a sweet side of you that you barely let out. You're just...hurt...and you don't know how to ask for help, to just give up and say that you are done."

She shrugs. "That's why I love you."

"Come here" I tell her

Without a word, she lays down next to me and rests her head on my chest. She cuddles close to me.

"Can I ask you something now?" She asks

"Hmm"

"Are you going to kill that man? The one who killed you dad?"

I pause for a long while before saying...

"Yes"