Chapter forty

I drop to my knees beside him and put my hands on either see of his face, his blood seeping through my fingers. 

I can't breathe.

My chest is tight

I feel as if my whole body has completely shut down.

Tears can't even leave my eyes because I am so in shock.

I press my head into the crook of his neck, the tears now escaping my eyes. My arms wrap around his body, holing him to me without ever wanting to let go.

"No no no no!" I scream. "Trevor! Please! Don't go!"

But he's already gone

I look up at Gabriel who has slid down the wall and is now sitting on the floor, staring at Trevor's body.

"Do something" I beg him between sobs. "You have to do something!"

His hand covers his mouth and tears drop onto his hand and arm.

I press kisses to his face and lips, standing my own with his thick blood.

"Baby please!" I beg. "Wake up! Wake up! We have to fix him! Help me fix him, Gabriel."

He shakes his head but no words come out of his mouth.

"GET UP! NOW!" A voice books throughout the room.

"STAND UP! PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOU BACK!"

I watch as Gabriel's own limp body get drug up off of the ground by police officers as he continues to stare at Trevor in my arms.

The police cuff him and drag him out of the room but he continues to struggle to look at Trevor.

I never even heard the police car sirens.

I soon hear him find his voice for somewhere in the house.

"My brother!" Gabriel's aching voice screams. "My brother!"

Then I feel hands grip my body, hauling me off of Trevor's but I try with all my might to keep him in my hands.

His body slips through my fingers as the officer jerks my arms behind my back and cold metal cuffs fix onto my wrists.

It's like everything is happening in slow motion. Everything is so slow and drawn out.

"Please. Please" is all I can say as I am being drug out of the room, away from the only person I have ever loved.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you..."

The officers words trail off and become muffled in the back of my mind as he leads me out of the house.

My eyes wonder

People stand around the perimeter of the house, being held at bay by police officers.

They all stare at me in shock and horror, taking in the blood on my face and clothes.

Even news reporters with camera man are standing around, getting the new story live.

My body can't stop trembling and I cast my eyes down as they stuff me into the back of the police car with force.

My mind keep replaying the whole incident over and over again. From the time we walked into the house to the time that Trevor blew his own head off.

It seems so unreal.

I keep thinking that this is all a horrible nightmare that I will soon wake up from. But no matter how hard I try to wake myself up...I just can't.