Chapter 41: Pressure

Katniss P.O.V.

'Katniss please, wake up', I hear in the distance. I feel a pair of hands around my shoulders. I don't know what it is. I'm still scared and I have my hands on my ears.
'Katniss, I'm here, please baby', I hear the same warm voice say. I slowly open my eyes and I feel that my hands are removed fron my ears. I flinch a few times and see a bright, clear, blue colour.

'There you are, finally', the boy with the beautiful eyes says.
'W- what happened?' I stutter. I still feel a hand rubbing my back.
'You had a nightmare, and you were screaming my name', he says. I reach out to his face and place my hand on his cheek.
'You're real', I say, to reassure myself. He smiles and nods.
'Yes, I'm real. I'm Peeta, your boyfriend. And I love you', he says. I smile light and nod.
I sit up and hug him.
'I love you too', I whisper. Peeta kisses my neck. I look at him and he puts on his incredible smile that I love so much. 'What time is it?' I ask.
'I think it's around seven', he says. I nod and smile.
'I'm gonna eat something', I say as I get up. But Peeta stops me. 'Wait, I'll make you something', he says. I smile. We walk downstairs together and I'm sitting at the table, watching him till he's done.
He's so attractive when he's cooking.

Peeta P.O.V.

I'm sitting at the kitchen table, eating the pasta that I just baked. I look at Katniss. I think she likes the food. I smile.

She finishes quite quickly. She smiles at me and stands up. She walks towards me and sits down in my lap. I smile at her and she kisses my cheek slowly.
'Peeta, do you have any idea how much you mean to me?' I hear her whisper. I feel a good energie racing through my veins. I like it when she talks like that to me.
'You can show me', I say teasingly. She smiles and kisses my weak spot.
'Enough evidence?' she asks. I laugh and then she stands up. She brings our plates to the kitchen and I stand up too.
'I'm gonna take a quick shower', I say. She nods. I walk upstairs, undress myself and hop into the shower.

Katniss P.O.V.

Peeta's in the shower and I'm sitting on the couch. I'm still shaking from my nightmare. It made me realize that I could lose anyone at any moment. Finnick... Annie... Prim... Peeta... All of my friends and family... Just gone.
I think I'm ready now. I think he deserves it...
I stand up, nod to myself, and walk upstairs.

But, how should I do this? I can't just walk up to him and rip off his clothes... I still hear the shower. Should I walk in? No, that'll scare him. I'm getting nervous now.
I look at myself in the mirror. I'm still wearing his shirt. It comes to half my thigh. I could take my pants off... Would that be attractive? I take it off and look at myself again.
Oh! My legs are so ugly! Why am I doing this? But I have to.
I want to put on my jeans again, but I hear the shower turning off.
Oh no.
I turn around and position myself in a -I hope- attractive way. I hear Peetas footsteps. In a few seconds he'll be here.

Peeta P.O.V.

I'm walking into the bedroom, with my pyjamas (a sweatpants and a T-shirt) on. I see Katniss standing in the doorway, leaning against the door post. She has her hand above her head.
What is she doing? She's smiling at me, but she has a nervous glance in her eyes.
'Hi, there', she says, and I can hear the vibration in her voice. She's nervous. But why?
'Hey', I say smiling. She walks towards me and wraps her hands around my neck. She kisses me but she shivers. I want to know it.
'Katniss, what's wrong?' I ask. She frowns at me. 'What do you mean?' she asks. I place my hands on her arms.
'You're acting very nervous. What's up?' I ask. She sighs. 'You notice every little thing, don't you?' she asks smiling. I chuckle and nod. She sighs again. She lets go off me and sits down on the bed.
'It's about my nightmare. It just made me realize that I could lose you any minute. I want you to be my first', she says. That breaks my heart. I sit down next to her. 'Katniss...', I say. She shakes her head. 'Just let me', she says before crashing her lips onto mine.

She pushes her fingers under the hem of my shirt, and starts to pull it up.
'Katniss...', I say softly, while she's kissing my neck. She keeps on going so I pull back. She frowns at me.
'What are you doing?' she asks. Her hands are still on the hem of my shirt so I lay mine on top of them.
'You're scared now. And you're rushed. We shouldn't do it this way', I say. I know we shouldn't, but I have to admit that it was a very hard decision. Don't judge me, I'm a man.

Katniss sighs. Her hands let go of my shirt and she sits lays down on the bed.
'You're right', she says. I lay down next to her and run my fingers over her arm to calm her down.
'I just want to get it over with. Finnick is always checking in our "bedsituation" and Annie keeps giving me tips and tricks. I can't take it', she sighs. I understand her. Finnick is also checking on me all the time and Gale keeps warning me that I must be gentle and all that kind of stuff. And he's even a virgin.
Katniss flips over so she's facing me.
She doesn't say anything, she just stares at me.
'What's wrong?' I ask. She smiles. 'Nothing. You're sweet. You're good to me', she says. I smile too. 'You too. You're my queen', I say. She blushes and kisses me light on the nose.
Then she bites her lip again.
God, I really love it when she does that.
But I know she's thinking about Prim. I wish I could help her.

*********

What did you think of this chapter? Let me know what you want to read next!
Love, -xxx-