prologue | say my name

"It's your's every time,

Cause you're on my mind.

Normally I don't catch feelings for no one,

But you got me this time."

~

It was a long day for Stephen. A very long day. And quite frankly, he wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone. Not with the females hitting his line. Not with Coach Kerr getting on his case for an off game. Not with his parents. 

Nobody. 

This was typical for the man. He invested his time in so many other things that he barely had time for himself. Being the MVP of the league, he's been filled with high expectations. The love he had for basketball had instead become a routine and he was finding ways to fill in the void he was feeling.

Which explains the rounds of females he'll rotate with every now & then. No feelings involved, regardless of how many times they've tried to prove themselves to the infamous point guard. The rounds of drinks at the bars he'll find himself at with his boys.  

A void.

He sighs to himself as he dusts off his suit before entering the club. Accompanied by both Draymond and Klay, they immediately make their way to their usual spots within the club, parting with a simple nod to each other. Stephen enters the room and closes the curtain behind him as he gets comfortable in the seat. He props a leg up onto his knee as his arms rest on the arms of the chair. 

Sooner or later, he hears the heels making their way over. He feels a hand brush over his shoulders and down to his chest from behind him. He bites onto his bottom lip as he watches her walk over to the pole in front of him. He's never seen her before.

Never.

& she was quite intriguing. From her long black hair & the way the curls dropped down from her head. Her petite figure. The way her body slid down the pole. The way she looked deep into his eyes as she continued to work the pole.

"What's your name, sweetie?"

He stood to get at eye level with the dancer, putting a couple of bills under the garter of her bra. She bit onto her bottom lip, her face inches away from his.

"Trixie."

"Trixie, huh? Do you know who I am?"

"Yes."

"Say my name."

"Wardell."