twenty six | two steps back

"Well, I found her sketches, but I didn't see her. I'm afraid she might be hurt."

"I need to get her Dom. I gotta go get her right now."

"Stephen, that man is dangerous. He will kill you." Dominic paused. "Stephen! Hello?" He heard the other line go dead. 

HOURS BEFORE

"I want you to be careful, Dom." Christen said on the phone and gave off a shaky breath.

"I got this, baby. He clearly needs to be put away."

"He doesn't know about anything, right?"

"No."

"Okay good. Call me when you have a chance. I love you. Be safe, please."

"I love you too." Dominic Perkins, husband to Christen & SWAT team commander, hung up his office phone before attaching his bullet proof vest once more and securing his gun. He threw on his badge before making his way out of his office to check on the rest of the officers accompanying him on this search. 

The main thing for Dom was to make sure he could catch Bigs in the act, that way, it would give the team leverage to move on and take action. Bigs could be put away forever and there wouldn't be any issues. But the other concern was making sure Heart wasn't hurt and that she was there and not anywhere else. 

Or else, that would have to be a whole different search for the team and he was hoping that wasnt the issue. With what he's heard about this man though, anything was possible.

"Alright, this man, known as Mr. Bigs has been a big threat to the community now. As we've heard. We've haven't had enough evidence to fully support that, but word around the street is that he has a couple of girls held hostage. They aren't able to leave unless they're threatened and hurt. To me, that's more than enough to intervene and get to the bottom of this. The plan is to catch him in the act and hopefully, we can do that with ease today. He doesn't know we're coming nor does he have any idea. We gotta keep this quick and thorough, you hear? If any of you find anything suspicious, report to me and I will take care of it. You do not pull out weapons or fire unless absolutely necessary." He says sternly as he paced around the room with his hands on his hips. "Do I make myself clear?" He eyed his team as they all silently nodded in place. "Let's get moving." Dom made his way to the door and outside to their assigned cars. 

Today, Dom would be accompanying the police to do a standard search of the club to see if further action needs to be taken.

Dominic has been involved with the police for years now, and he recently moved into the SWAT commander position. Though things aren't that much of a difference from his previous position, he still finds himself nervous from time to time when it comes to huge cases. The only reason why is because he wants most cases to end well, with nobody getting hurt.

Yet, that rarely ever happened since he's stepped up as commander. 

Things have been rough and have always ended rough, one way or another. And it was always tough for him to accept, especially if someone was severely injured or killed. The only way he manages to get through it all is by telling himself he's doing what he can to keep the community well & alive without any disturbances. 

Who would want to live in an area full of high risk and threat?

Christen has been the biggest motivator for him, as well. And he would do anything for his wife. After hearing about Heart and her story, he couldn't imagine seeing his own children go through that kind of life style or having to be in any kind of danger. It made his heart ache, especially seeing how Christen quickly cared for her as though she was their own.