six | enough

Stephen threw the mini basketball up into the air as he laid on Klay's couch, one leg up, one leg down. He kept quiet, still upset from the night before.

"Are you sure you don't want to get a round in?" Klay says, looking at him briefly before editing his player on 2k. 

"No, I'm good."

"Man, you've been weird since we left the club last night. What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

"Okay, Stephen. Someone obviously didn't get satisfied last night. One of your girls let you down?"

"Nope. Not worried about that." 

"Uh oh. Are you catching those feelings for somebody?" Stephen continued to throw the ball into the air, ignoring Klay's question. "So you are, aren't you?"

"It's complicated."

"It's a basic yes or no question." Steph immediately sat up and leaned onto his knees.

"I guess." He fiddled around with the mini basketball in his hand.

"Who is it? It's not one of the girls from the club, is it?" Klay chuckled as he turned to look at Steph. But he didn't get a response out of the man. Rather, he kept his eyes on the basketball in his hands instead of making eye contact with him. Which in turn, made Klay nervous enough to pause the game to dig deeper into the conversation. "Stephen."

"What?"

"You can't tell me you have feelings for someone from the club."

"And if I do?"

"Are you crazy?"

"She's different."

"But she's from the club, do you not get my point?"

"Not really."

"For all I know, she could be going after you for your money and stuff--"

"Woah, woah. Slow down. You don't even know her. She's not like that, trust me."

"Can I really trust you on that? Come on, dude. These girls aren't the type of girls we'd normally fall for. They're just temporary entertainment, you can't be taking it that seriously."

"Heart doesn't even belong there so you can't really put her in that category. Again, you don't even really know her."

"& you do?"

"More than you." Stephen looked at Klay, a bit frustrated with the way he was acting about Heart. Of course, he knew it sounded bad. But all Klay needed to do was to understand where he was coming from and get to know her before placing any judgment. "I honestly don't even want to talk about it if this is how it's gonna go down."

"I'm just trying to look out for you."

"I appreciate it, but I know what I'm doing."

Klay sighed in defeat, knowing there was no winning with the man on this topic. "Alright. Then explain to me."

"She's.. God I don't know." Stephen laid back on the couch, his hands over his face. "She's so independent & selfless. The only reason why she's working this job is cause Bigs pays her a hefty amount. She needs the money to help her aunt with bills & all that."

"Where are her parents?"

"They died in a car crash."

"Sheesh. So she lives with her aunt?" Klay asks, recognizing the stress the point guard was going through just trying to piece his mind together about Heart.