twenty eight | superhuman

Jomari ran back inside after leaving Heart, Kamaria and Steph outside. He wanted to handle Bigs himself before any of the others were hurt. After all, he knew he'd be after him first being that he knocked him upside the head and lost track of Heart and Stephen.

"Yo. Are you alright? Sit up." He looked over at the girl who was badly hurt on the floor. He tried to get to her side and help her, but Bigs came out of the hallway, aiming his gun at them.

"Step away from her." He ushered Jome to step away with his gun.

"Bigs, put the gun down." Jomari said as he backed up. 

"Or what? You'll shoot me with my gun?"

"I'm not gonna do this shoot out with you, man. This isn't how you solve things."

"How else am I supposed to do it, huh? All my life, everyone believed I wasn't gonna be shit." He stepped closer to Jome, the gun only inches away from his face. The girl continued to cry as she tried her best to scoot away from the scene. "Stop crying!" She cried louder, making Bigs aim his gun at her. "Stop crying, I said! You whiney little bitch!"

"No!" Jome stepped in front of the gun, causing the bullet to pierce him in the back.

"PUT THE GUN DOWN!" Dominic stepped through the back room and aimed his gun at Mr. Bigs with the rest of the team accompanying his side. Mr. Bigs chuckled as he dropped his gun and allowed the police to handcuff him with ease. Seeing that everything seemed to be under control for a minute, Dom stepped aside to tend to Jome. "Stay with me, Jomari. Stay with me." He said, putting pressure on his wound. "Help is on the way, alright. Stay with me."

"Make sure they're okay." Jome struggled to say as the blood came out of his mouth.

"Come on, stay with me. Goddamit." Dom muttered under his breath, as he continued to apply pressure to the wound. Meanwhile, Heart sat Stephen in the passenger's seat of his car, a bit worried at the silence she heard after the gun shot. Seeing the ambulance and the fire truck arrive, she wasn't sure what to make out of it.

"Jomari?" She continued to look at the police escorting the men that worked for Bigs into their cars. "God please let him be okay."

"Baby, he's okay. He's gonna be okay." Steph gripped his side, the pain a bit unbearable. Still a bit distracted as she scouted the area, Kamaria called over a paramedic to tend to Stephen while Heart took note of Bigs being taken away by the police.

"Bigs.." She said, noticing how well and alive he looked after all the chaos. So who exactly was that gun shot from? And why? "Excuse me." She ran over to the paramedics who were bringing in a stretcher. "Who is that for? Excuse me!"

"Excuse me, Miss." The paramedic simply pushed her aside as they entered the club.

"God, can someone please tell me who that's for?!" She yelled, but no one dared to answer. "I just need to know if Jomari is okay." She cried. Sooner or later, she caught Dominic walking alongside the stretcher that carried Jomari. "Jomari!"

"He's gonna be just fine, Heart."

"Where are you guys taking him?"

"Sweetie, please calm down." Dom tried to calm her down as they loaded Jomari into the ambulance.

"Jomari!" She yelled.

"He's being taken to Alta Bates. I need you to take everyone there and make sure they're okay. They'll deal with Jomari, I promise." Dom looked her in the eyes, calming her down as much as he could. As she gathered herself, she looked at his badge and noticed his last name was the same was Christen's.