fifteen | intro to jomari

FLASHBACK

"Bruh, come on. Don't fuck around with that kind of shit." Jomari said to one of his friends as he pointed the gun towards him.

"Stop being a 'lil pussy, Jomari. We boutta roll up in this joint, take their shit and leave. That's it."

"We don't gotta do that."

"I'm foreel about to leave your ass on the corner so you could walk the fuck home." Jome sat back in the back seat quietly. "Finally. You ain't sayin' shit. So are you in this?"

"Man, whateva. Just pull up to the store so we could get this over with."

"That's what I'm talkin' about. Cant ever go wrong with free alcohol, food, and money. Shit." His friend laughed as he pulled into the corner store. "Ya'll ready?" He looked at everyone else in the car.

"Just hop out the car and lead man. I'm tryna get home."

"Tryna get home." His friend snickered. "You gon' thank me for this run, bruh. Aint nobody gon' do this to help you get that extra money." Jomari smacked his lips as they pulled their hoods up and rolled up into the corner store.

Jomari eyed his boys as he made his way to the liquor section and grabbed himself a 40. He opened the bottle and took a big gulp before closing it once again. He looked around to see his boys gathering things they needed before all nodding to each other, giving him the signal to proceed with the plan.

"Give me all your money bruh! Open that shit!" Jome yelled as he flashed the  gun at the cashier. He hated getting involved with these men, and he hated seeing the fear he placed on innocent people. But sometimes, Jome had no choice but to make a living for himself and survive on the streets somehow.

The middle-aged man shook in fear as he slowly opened the register. "Move!" Jome yelled and signaled for the man to move with the gun. He hurriedly moved aside, falling to the ground and protecting himself. Jome helped himself to the register, taking all the money it had in it.

"Bruh, why the fuck you ain't look around the store first!" His boy came out of the cuts, shoving an innocent bystander onto the floor. "I found him hiding by the back!"

"Aw shit, what the hell we boutta do? We can't have him runnin', gettin' us busted."

"Man, are you serious? Just fuckin' shoot him! If ya'll were smart you woulda fuckin' known! Now we gotta run for this shit before they come."

"Don't shoot him, bruh. He ain't do anything." Jomari softly said as he signaled for him to put the gun down.

"Shut the fuck up, ya'll are dumb as hell. I'm tryna make it out here." He said as he pulled the trigger on the innocent man.

"Yo, come on!" Jome said, running to the man, seeing he was shot in an area that wasn't too sensitive. Sooner or later, he heard his boy shoot the owner of the store as well making Jomari's vision become blurry and his ears ring.

"Jomari! Jomari, come on let's go!" But Jome continued to tend to the man below him, trying to find ways to slow down his bleeding.

"Come on, stay with me man. I got you." He whispered as he kept pressure on his wound.

"Man, fuck him! The police are coming! Let's go!" His homeboy said as he pushed the rest of them to run.

"Come on, come on." Jomari kept the pressure on his wound as long as he could. His fear started to take over, especially noticing the man not responding anymore. "Fuck!" He took one last look before he left him on the ground to run out of the store.