Chapter Twenty-Three

Han and Finn pulled on jackets and stepped out into the snow. Malice just had her hooded robes but had denied their offer for a better jacket.

They all ran up behind a large satellite reader of some kind, and peered out at the large base opening.

"We'll get in that way," Finn was saying as Malice joined them.

"What was your job when you were based here?" Han asked.

"Sanitation."

Malice rolled her eyes. This was going to be interesting. Han grabbed the back of Finns jacket and pushed him against the metal.

"Sanitation?!" He hissed angrily. "How do you know how to disable the shields?"

"I don't." Finn admitted. "I'm just here to get Rey."

"People are counting on us! The galaxy is counting on us!" Han said.

"So we'll figure it out! We'll use the force!" Finn decided. Malice rolled her eyes for the billionth time that she had been with them.

"That's not how the force works!" Han told him.

"He's right." Malice spoke up.

Chewie growled to them.

"Oh really, you're cold?" Han asked. Finn ran out from their hiding spot.

"Come on!" He called to them. They followed after him, trying to run in the snow. They found a door and went through. When it opened, a stormtrooper was standing in their path.

"Hey!" It said, as Chewie shot him into the wall. Now that she's made it back, what was her plan going to be? She tested out her force powers again. They were mildly returning. She could probably manage a force push of adequate power, but it wouldn't take out all three of them. She had no choice but to stick with them for now.

"The longer we're here, the less luck we're going to have. The shields?" Han asked.

"I have an idea about that." Finn said. He ran to the left and they all followed again. He ran into a control room, for some reason it was empty. Malice heard footsteps approaching,and Chewie tackled whoever it was.

"Bring her in, Chewie." Finn told him, and in came Captain Phasma. She took a look around and locked eyes with Malice.

"Lady Malice, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"We captured her." Finn taunted. "Now, you remember me?"

"FN-2187." She said to them.

"Not anymore." Finn told her. "The name's Finn and I'm in charge. I'm in charge now, Phasma! I'm in charge!"

Han put a hand on his shoulder.

"Bring it down, bring it down." He told him. Finn nodded.

"You want me to blast that bucket off your head?" He threatened "lower the shields!"

"You're making a big mistake." Phasma told him.

"Do it."

Phasma did as he told her, which Malice knew she probably hated.

"Solo, if this works, we're not going to have a lot of time to find Rey."

"Don't worry kid, we won't leave here without her." Han promised.

The shields finished lowering, and Phasma stood from her chair.

"You can't be so stupid as to think this would be easy." She said. "My troops will storm this block and kill you!"