09

(Kimberly)

The Nook was really quiet as the last customer left and Carter the other person I was working with left so I started to close up shop, I locked all the doors before starting to put the books away and finish cleaning the place up.

The rain and lightening didn't seem to bug me as much as usual so I took it as an opportunity to sit and read I book constantly checking my phone for some reason.

Mom: you okay?

Kim: just reading at the nook, I'm leaving now. C u soon.

I got up before I noticed holland soaking wet outside the door with his backpack starring at me. In pretty sure he got scared when I noticed him.

I went to the door and unlocked it quickly letting him in and locking the door behind me as I turned to him

I went to the door and unlocked it quickly letting him in and locking the door behind me as I turned to him. I saw him shaking and biting his lip unsure of what to do or say.

I stepped closer to him my eyes watering as I slowly took his back pack off his arms and let it fall to the floor. I took off his now heavy from the rain sweater and let it drop the the floor too before stepping closer to him keeping the eye contact I lifted his shirt off from his skin and threw it on the ground.

"You need to get warm" I said going to turn up the heat and give him a blanket 

"I'll go make you something to eat" I said before turning away but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. He didn't say anything he just looked at me and watched me loose my cool.

"Don't you ever, leave with out telling me again

"Don't you ever, leave with out telling me again. I was so.. I don't know what it did to me but I wasn't myself. For some reason even after all these years I still need to know where the hell you are all the time. Don't you dare leave me behind again. I don't know what I would have done if-"

The rush of electricity that took me by surprise landed right on my lips as I closed my eyes and relaxed. We walked backwards before we landed on the couch with me in his lap as i pulled on his hair as his neck went back and lips made contact with my neck.

"You should really eat" I said pulling but and getting up walking behind the till collecting myself as I warmed up some soup.

"It's just chicken noodle" I smiled when I sat down.