Flashbacks part 1

*flashback to while Kimberly was gone.

(Katrina)

I had been locked in my room for a week, the school has given us time to heal but not today, today or at least tonight I'm having dinner with Killian's parents.

I picked up my phone and dialled Kim's number sure she wasn't going to answer

"Hey it's Kim" her voice rang through the phone

"Kim, Kim I-"

"Ha! Just kidding this is my voicemail, leave a message and I might get back to you! Peace"

I fall for it everytime. When the beep went I almost hang up but the words flew out

"I miss you, honestly I haven't been the same since you left.. You need come back. I can't- look I'm going to have dinner with Killian's parents and your here you know? To help me pick a dress, or do my nails, or tell me I don't know... to bring a gift. You know I don't do this stuff and I'm doing it all on my own, I'm not even sure if I'm going to go anymore. Cause I'm crying again and I have barely stopped," I said wiping a tear on the phone

"I just I can't imagine doing this alone or anything like this alone, your supposed to push me out this door and tell me to breath. Your meant to push me down the aisle at my wedding, okay your supposed to be here! Why aren't you here Kim? We don't .. Run away when things get hard? You left me and ... And my I'm scared! Cause I don't know if your coming back." I said hanging up the phone in tears.

I slammed my phone on the ground and pressed my palms against my head before turning around to see Nat I forgot I called her. She was so quiet eyes watering also. Her face lacked that spark that was once my favourite part of her, she had bags under her eyes and wasn't okay. I don't think anyone is.

"Did you hear all that?" I asked her finally breaking the silence

"Yeah, I heard it, so we all got this email. I think you should check it out" she said handing me her phone. It was from the ' Grey Slone Rehabilitation Hospital' it was addressed to the four of us.

This is Kimberly's mom, kids I know it's hard being so far away from your friend. I wanted to update you and tell you she's healing. Slowly.. And sometimes she's screams, almost all day. She's in pain. But Vancouver is gonna help, she has the best care here and yesterday she was laughing. Her memory of that night is still gone but she remembers the four of you all the time. She sends her love. She doesn't want to trouble you guys but I'll keep you updated.

Heather. xx

"There's a picture attached.. I don't if you want to see it" she said.
I pressed on the attachment and a sob let my lips

Kimberly and her cousin Ed.x

"Look she's gonna come back, she's fighting for her leg and her way of life but she's fighting and she's gonna win."