045

(Holland)

I sat in the waiting room with Kim's family and our friends. Outside the rest of the city waited for prayed for her. For the last 6 days everyone was waiting for her to wake up. And I mean everyone. Her fans, us, even the mayor.

They say it was a shark. She went out looking for her friend and it got dark she was out too far and a shark found her. It was big and bit into her left left leg. It's teeth latched onto her leg basically getting stuck in her bone and dragged her to the bottom of the ocean. They don't know how she got away but she did and was able to swim up to a rock near by. And wait there until someone spotted her. By then she was freezing and passed out because of how cold she got and how much blood she lost. When she got here they thought she was dead but she kept fighting. during a surgery to save the leg she fell into a coma and now has been gone for six days. The doctors say if she doesn't wake up today she will be pronounced brain dead.

Brain dead.

Dead.

I can't.. Lose her again. She means everything to me I .. Can't think of a world with out her.

"Holland your crying again" Katrina said looking at Rayanna who couldn't quiet understand what's happening so we have tried to hide how afraid we all are. I sniffed and wiped my tears.

The door to her room flew open and the nurse landed outside with her hat off crying happy tears she breathed heavy but the smile was huge.

"What? What happened? Is my baby girl okay?" Kim's mom asked
Nurse June nodded smiling at all of us as we exchanged hugs and and cried

"Um, Doctor Owen wants me to.. Go through her injuries with you before I tell you that's she's awake and has some requests" she said smiling

"Go ahead" Kat said

"So obviously her leg. She still has a lot of surgeries ahead of her. But if they all go well she has a lot of physiotherapy ahead of her also. Buts she a fighter. She can do this" June said

"What happened if the surgeries don't work?" He dad asked

"Then she will spent the rest of her life in a wheel chair." She said looking down

"She's gonna fight" Nat spoke.

"So the legs not where it stops. She also has four broken ribs. Bruises all over, right wrist is broken, black eye, trouble breathing, her neck was sprained and she has a large cut going down her back."

"All fixable. In six week those will all be scars" the doctor said joining in.

"Something we want you all to know is before she fell into the coma she asked about her friend. And we told her what happened. So this time she woke up and knew about her friend but she doesn't remember the day of the shark attack at all. She doesn't remember waking up that day. So she's afraid. The scars and the story's we tell her are new and foreign."

"Yeah she knows what happened but only because we told her"

"Okay, can we go see her?" Kat asked

"About that. She wants this thing shut down. The crowds gone. The fans assured she is fine and leave it like that. She wants to stop trending on Twitter. She also wants to just see her family for now. Which means the rest of you need to go home."

"Home? Just for today right?" Nat asked

"No she is pretty set on you all leaving the hospital and not coming back."

I felt mad and upset at the same time. I just want to see her. Hear her voice. Touch her skin just to prove she's really here.

"That's crazy." Kat said

"It's what she wants" I said nodding and standing up. Killian stood up and soon Nat did with Kat. Jacob walked to the door and I waved to Rayanna who waved back smiling.

we all walked in silence getting into cars. Nat and i drove in silence all the way home. When we got there I went straight to my room and closed the door I checked my phone for messages but I had none.

I starred at the photo on my phone for a second before throwing my phone across to room I dropped to the floor my face falling into my hands and sobbing