060

(Katrina)

I sat in Nats room as she hit a bouncy ball against the wall. We had just finished arguing about how she's keeping something secret from all of us. But it ended in silence and awkwardness. It's been like this for a while, awkward between the two of us. Actually awkward between everyone. The lunch table we once sat on is taken over with grade 9's. Even Killian said that holland hasn't hung out with him in a two weeks since he is either with his soccer friends or with Kim. Everything just got really messed up.

"I'm.. Going to the washroom" I said getting up and opening her door heading down the hall and hearing faint almost inaudible sobs from the washroom and I knew exactly who it was. I knocked lightly on the door and it stopped in a second before the door opened and it reaveled Kimberly. she looked down trying to hide her tears from me but u was genuinely worried, maybe we did pass her into a dark place again.

"Hey" I said

"Hi, sorry I took so long" she said walking past me

"Are you okay?" I asked her

"Yeah, why?" She asked

"Because believe it or not I know you, and I know you were crying.. Are you.. Getting sad again or did you run to hard that night? Are you in pain?" I asked

"No, nothing like that, infact I've been meaning to talk to you and apologize. I know you wouldn't keep something from me if it wasn't to protect me.. I was just so.. I dont know it wasn't just you guys but half the town.. And your right. I stopped pretending this didn't happen to me and I'm better for it. There's no more pain at least not as often and intense and I don't cry over it every night so..."

"Wait your not mad anymore? Because I get it if you are I knew getting those updates were wrong but .. I wasn't sure if you would make it for a while and then when you got stability I liked watching you get better, we weren't laughing Kim. We were cheering you on."

"Okay then I really need a hug.. I missed you so much" she said as we hugged for like three minutes.

"Me too, I missed you so much I miss our whole group being okay" I said

"I know," she said looking down

"So why were you crying?" I asked but m holland opened his door and closed it with his keys in his hand looking at the two of us but avoiding my eyes.

"Ready to go?" He asked Kim who nodded

"I'm going back to work tonight" she smiled

"Tonight's my first shift back too." I told her

"see you there?" She smiled before following after holland. I smiled and went into the washroom locking the door.and I saw her phone sitting on the counter.

I shouldn't..

But maybe it could tell me why she was crying. I pressed her home screen and saw a picture of her and holland before it scanned my finger print and I saw a short but scary conversation.

Asshole: It's me.

Kim: stop I legally have the right. Anymore contact and I'm taking to the police.

Asshole: My brothers belongings are safe in your hands I know, but you have something I need.

Kim: I don't have anything that belongs to you.

Asshole: well I decided since I can't have my brothers belongings. I will have something else.

Kim: what can I do it get you to just leave me alone?