9 • Let Her Go (edited)

Aliona's P.O.V

I'd barely driven out of the square when I saw them. Damon had a struggling Vicki in his arms whilst standing on a high rooftop. Immediately I hit the brakes and pulled over, not caring for where I parked the car.

I sped out and over to the roof, faster than usual because I'd been feeding on fresh human blood. Damon had a grip on Vicki's arm and repeatedly pretended to let her go, her panicked wailing was increasing in volume every time. Stefan swiftly got to the top of the roof at the same time as me and stood by my side.

"Not bad, have you been eating bunnies?" Damon taunted him before looking me over. "Well, what have you been eating sis? Or rather who."

They both stared at me as I looked down at my clothes, my jeans and top were stained with the crimson blood of the three boys in the alley. Instead of replying I shook it off and returned my attention back to Vicki.

"Let her go," I spoke calmly, whilst stepping forward slightly and ignoring the initial question.

"Really?" Damon looked down at the drop before shrugging. "Okay." Once again he pretended to let go of Vicki causing Stefan and me to run forward.

"No!" Stefan rushed in front of me as Damon grew bored and threw Vicki forwards back on the roof. I quickly knelt down beside her and wrapped an arm around her protectively. 

"Relax," Damon smirked. "I don't need her to be dead, but you might." He looked down at Vicki who was sobbing in my arms. "What attacked you the other night?" He asked.

"I don't know, an animal," Vicki replied, Stefan's compulsion was still holding up it seemed.

"Are you sure about that?" Damon quizzed whilst coming down to her level on the ground.

"Damon, don't." I snapped bluntly at him as he simply ignored my protests.

"Think about it really hard, what attacked you?" He asked again, I knew Stefan's compulsion wouldn't be that strong if she continued to think about it.

"A vampire." She stiffened in my arms as I loosened my grip.

"Who did this to you?" Damon almost shouted in her face.

"You did!" She yelled back making me smirk.

"Wrong!" Damon spoke monotonously. "Stefan." He whispered causing Vicki to shoot her head up to Stefan. Damon picked her off the floor as I stood up by Stefan and watched in horror as Damon came close to her face once more.

"No." Stefan and I both spoke in a panic at the same time.

"Stefan Salvatore did this to you." He compelled her and she repeated everything he said. "He's a vampire, a vicious, murderous, monster."

"Please Damon, please don't do this." Stefan pleaded as he protectively put his arm in front of my body.

"If you couldn't fix it before, I don't know what you're going to do now." Damon joked whilst smirking, he ripped the bandage off her neck making Vicki cry out in pain.

The wound hadn't fully healed and fresh droplets of blood surfaced making my hunger return. I could feel the ache in my gums as my fangs appeared and the tingle under my eyes as the veins began to show.