2 • The Other Brother (edited)

Aliona's P.O.V

"Stefan Salvatore."

I immediately shot my head to the side to try and get a look at the guy who'd said the name. A million questions were buzzing around my brain, although I chose not to believe it. That can't be Stefan. It's probably another relative like Uncle Zach or something. I tried telling myself but as soon as the bell rang I shot up and ran after the guy.

He'd seemed to have disappeared in the mass crowd of the school halls so that I didn't even catch a glimpse of him. I found Elena and Caroline who were giving me a strange look, probably because of my jumpy attitude. 

"You okay, Ali?" Caroline asked and I just nodded my head frantically trying to make it more discreet as I continued looking around.

"Have you lost something." I heard Elena ask as I simply shook my head. "Or someone?"

"No no, it's fine I just thought I saw someone I knew," I mumbled whilst looking at the floor and giving up on looking for him.

I changed my last name last century; I didn't really keep track of when Aliona Salvatore stopped being used, I now go by the name of Aliona Forster. It's just easier in case I run into anybody familiar from years ago. It would save a few awkward conversations.

I walked out of the school with the two of them until Bonnie came along too. We walked out into the car park area and stopped to talk about the day.

"Well, I'm going to head home." I smiled at everyone as they looked slightly confused.

"No Ali stay! We're going to the grill, you need to come!" Elena begged as they all looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Sorry but I've got loads of stuff to catch up on with school." I lied and they could obviously tell I was lying too.

"But it's the first day back?" Caroline looked confused and I just sighed, racking my brain for a way to leave.

"Yeah but there was this essay last year that I put off and now I'm behind on it," I spoke whilst unlocking my car, the others sighed and just nodded. "I'll see you all later." I smiled before getting into the car and driving off.

I hated lying to them as much as I hated lying to Matt, but it was the only way to keep them safe.

I drove down the road and headed for the Salvatore boarding house, I hadn't been back in years. There were too many painful memories that always awoke whenever I traveled to this part of Mystic Falls, it always reminded me of my brothers and Katherine. Hence why I never dared to go over to those parts of town. 

The fact that Elena looks exactly like Katherine does still bother me, although Elena is the complete opposite of her. But to always be reminded of the one who took my brothers away still hurts, it was Katherine who ruined my family and I'll never forgive her for that.

I turned into the circular driveway of the old boarding house and swiftly got out of the car, it felt unnerving to be back and it felt like someone was watching me the entire time I walked up to the door. After knocking a few times the door opened to reveal my Uncle Zach, he's not really my Uncle but he can't exactly call me Great Great Great Aunt Alionam can he?

"Ali? What are you doing here?" He looked extremely tired and not in the mood for facing the outside world.

"Can I come in please?" I asked whilst taking a deep breath, I hadn't been inside since the first day I returned to Mystic Falls.

"Sure, is everything okay? I haven't seen you in years." Zach opened the door wider for me to step inside, I instantly felt a sickening feeling return in my gut as I looked around the grand house.

"Well, I was in school today and a certain Stefan Salvatore randomly appeared in my history class," I spoke bluntly whilst walking into the lounge area, Damon's cabinet of bourbon and other dangerously strong alcoholic drinks remained untouched yet again.

"A-are you sure you're not just hearing things?" Zach seemed suddenly nervous making me narrow my eyes at him, what's his problem.

"If I wasn't sure about what I heard do you think I would have come back here?" I asked, hearing my voice raise in volume slightly, I could sense the fear in Zach as he began to look around the room so that his gaze was anywhere other than me.

"N-no, I just d-don't think they're in town," Zach said whilst settling his gaze on the floor.

"Uncle Zach," I spoke making him look up at me and gulp. "I never said anything about Damon." He looked confused as his eyebrows furrowed.

"W-what do you mean?" He was stuttering his words badly and was becoming really fidgety.

"You said that they weren't in town, I only mentioned that Stefan might be here." I could visibly see his chest rising and falling more quickly now, he looked like he was about to pass out.

"I-I'm -"

"Please don't lie to me, Uncle Zach," I spoke whilst giving him a look. Before Zach could say another word a voice that I never wanted to hear cut through the air.

"Now now Ali, leave poor Zach alone. You shouldn't intimidate relatives." Damon's voice mocked me from the door and I whirled around to see him leaning against the door frame.

"I don't want to see you." I glared at him as he walked into the house.

"That's no way to talk to your big brother." His smirk only widened when he could see my fists clenching in anger.

"Well it's no way to treat your sister, pretend to be dead then come back two years later turn her into a vampire and then leave for another 140 years." I practically yelled in his face.

"You've got to let the past go." His voice was annoyingly calm. I knew the reason he was back, it wasn't to see me either.

"You say that but I bet you still haven't gotten over Katherine." This time I smirked as his face dropped, now Damon looked angry.

"I told Zach to not tell you or Stefan that I'm here," Damon mumbled whilst walking towards Zach.

"Damon leave him alone, don't intimidate relatives." I mocked him, knowing that the Damon I'd grown up with was long gone. The man in front of me was an angrier version, more heartless. "Stefan doesn't want me to find out but then he signs up to be in the same school as me, the same classes!" I spoke, annoyed by the whole situation.

All I felt in my body was anger, I had to get out of here. I sped out of the room in record speed and straight into my car, I pulled out of the driveway and drove as fast as I could.

It wasn't real.

It wasn't happening.

-------------------------------------------------

Heyyy! So thanks for reading :D
Please vote and comment what you think :)

Stay Weird

Abnormal2Weird