68 • Mason?

Aliona's P.O.V

"No." I breathed out, looking at him in complete shock.

"It makes sense; I turned you after all." Klaus shrugged as tears brimmed in my eyes once more.

"B-but how? How does this work? Why am I sired to you?" I questioned in confusion.

"It's very rare in vampires, however it happens when you have feelings for the vampire that turned you; human feelings." Klaus explained as I put my head in my hands.

"So you're telling me th-that I loved you as a human and now I'm bound to follow your orders because of it?" I asked, Klaus raised an eyebrow and then nodded with an amused expression on his face.

"I only figured it out recently, however it explains a lot. Why you do certain things." Klaus didn't seem able to suppress his smirk. "Come on love it's not that bad."

"Is there a way to break it?" I stood from the bed and looked directly at him. "How do I break it?"

"You can't." Klaus spoke angrily, however an idea then flashed across his mind. "And even if there was a way, I wouldn't want you to... It wouldn't make me very happy."

His words seemed to embed themselves in my mind as I frowned at him, I no longer wanted to break the bond.

"Klaus you can't use me as a puppet, my will isn't something for you to control." I snapped at him. "I hated my brother for turning me, I hated that he'd just left me, when all of this time it had been you."

"I had to compel your brother too, he still thinks that he did turn you." There was a hint of amusement in Klaus' voice that seemed to tip me over the edge.

"I'm leaving. I'm going right now." I spoke as Klaus looked slightly shocked. "I don't care about this sire bond thing, I don't care how much it's going to hurt to try and leave, I'm going home. If you're running from this Mikael guy again, then like you said after you turned me; it's too dangerous for me. You wouldn't want me to become a casualty now, would you?"

"Fine, then go." Klaus spoke bitterly, causing me to gulp slightly. "But don't forget where your loyalties lie, all I have to do is simply think about needing you and you'll come running to please me."

"Klaus how many times do I need to say it?" I asked with a groan as I walked over and opened the door. "Go to hell."

*

I ended up walking back to Mystic Falls, it took the majority of the night and the sun was only just coming up as I finally passed the infamous sign.

I felt relieved but also upset for some reason; a part of me wanted to turn back, to run away with Klaus. But I knew that would be the wrong decision, I couldn't abandon my friends and family for him. Once my surroundings had begun to get more familiar, I became increasingly nervous about having to face Damon, I was also concerned about Stefan as I hadn't seen him last night.

By the time I reached the town centre, the sun was fully up and the morning was swiftly drifting into noon. The streets were bustling with people and a crowd was forming in the square by a small stage; I'd forgotten that it was some historic anniversary for the town. An event that was most likely horrendously inaccurate.

I decided that my first port of call should be the grill, if Jeremy was working his shift, then I figured it would be easier to face him first. I crossed the street and headed into the large building, scanning the area for any familiar faces.

"Look who's back so soon." I heard my brothers voice, causing me to freeze.

"Damon I can explain-"