26 • I'm Gunna Bring Her Back

Aliona's P.O.V

"How can you bring Katherine back?" I asked and followed after Damon, Stefan right behind me.

"Before Katherine and the others were killed, do you remember what it was like in this town?" Damon responded as I frowned.

"I remember the fear and hysteria." I shrugged as Damon finally stopped walking.

"The town's people were killing vampires one by one." Damon added as I felt Stefan at my side. "When they came for Katherine, I went straight to Emily. Said I'd do anything name your price, just protect her. She did."

"How?" Stefan questioned as Damon smirked.

"She did some kind of protection spell with that crystal, and while the church was burning and we thought that Katherine was burning in it. She wasn't." Damon explained as I gasped.

"But I-I saw her go inside." Stefan spoke, obviously confused.

"There's a tomb underneath the church, the spell sealed Katherine in that tomb to protect her.

"That doesn't mean that Katherine's alive." I frowned, even a vampire can't live like that.

"Well if that's what you want to call it, she's been trapped in a mystical holding cell for the past century and a half." Damon spoke to me before turning to Stefan. "You're an expert at starving vampires, so how do you think she's doing Stefan?" He asked sarcastically. "Did you know that witches can use celestial events to draw power into their magic? Me neither. But Emily used the comet that was passing overhead in 1864." Damon explained as it all began to suddenly fit together. "And in order for it to work again..."

"The comet had to pass over." I breathed out, remembering not a week earlier when it did just that.

"Why would Emily do this for you?" Stefan questioned in disbelief.

"Because she knew that they were gonna come for her too, and she made me promise that her lineage would survive." Damon shrugged.

"I remember, you saved her children." Stefan muttered and I glanced up at him.

"Yeah that's the only thing stopping me from ripping that Bonnie girls throat out to get my crystal back. Oh well, a deal's a deal." Damon spoke bitterly as I turned and glared at him. "So...wanna go play catch some more?" He questioned and smirked as my blood boiled.

The sudden ringing of Stefan's phone caused me to jump as both Damon and I glanced at the caller ID. Elena.

"What's wrong?" Stefan asked when he picked up, walking away slightly.

"It's Bonnie, Emily is possessing her." Elena panicked into the phone as Damon smirked. "She said something."

"What?" Stefan questioned as Damon frowned slightly.

"She said: 'I won't let him have it, it must be destroyed.' What does that mean?" Elena asked as I turned and smirked at Damon.

"Looks like a deal isn't a deal after all brother." I had to stifle a laugh at his angry expression.

"Where do you think she went?" Stefan asked as both Damon and I were using our enhanced hearing to find out.

"I don't know...Fell's Church. It's where Emily took Bonnie in her dreams." Elena realised as I frowned, it made perfect sense but I haven't returned there since 1864 when my brother's were killed.

"Alright just stay there, I'm gunna go find her." Stefan said before hanging up and turning to look at Damon and I. However the look of panic that flashed across his features also caused me to turn around, Damon had gone.