49 • Golden Days

Chicago - 1930

Aliona's P.O.V

"Hey Aliona, let me introduce you to a few friends I've made." Tom smiled as he lead me over towards two gentlemen.

Tom was almost a friend, more of a compelled walking blood bag that didn't even know I was a vampire. But it didn't matter, he was good company. He was slightly taller than me and had always looked slightly scruffy, his piercing blue eyes were the only contrast to his otherwise innocent nature.

We brushed past many people that were gathered at tables in the overcrowded bar, the familiar sound of jazz music rippling through my body. Tom stopped in front of two taller gentlemen both dressed properly for the evening in crisp black suits.

"Um Aliona I would like to introduce to my good friends Elijah and Klaus Mikaelson." Tom coughed before speaking as if slightly nervous, he had a strange look in his eye as he spoke.

"Pleasure to meet you." Elijah bowed his head courteously as I nodded and smiled before turning to the other man.

"Good evening love." Klaus smirked with almost a hint of devilish mischief, taking my hand and kissing it gently causing my cheeks to heat up slightly. Both of them appeared to have English accents which only intrigued me more.

"Evening." I smiled lightly at them both. "So how do you know my friend Tom then?" I questioned gesturing to my left only to turn and see that Tom had left without another word.

"We don't." Elijah spoke with a mere shrug as I frowned in more confusion.

"Then why did he say you were good..." My eyes widened in realisation before I could finish my sentence, they were vampires too.

"We saw you enter with him and watched you compel one of the bartenders, should maybe be more discreet love." Klaus spoke up still with that smirk etched on his face, I cocked an eyebrow at him and simply smirked too.

"Would you care for another drink Aliona?" Elijah asked as I turned to him and nodded slightly.

"From the bar? Or something better?" Klaus added as we found a table and sat down. "From the vein perhaps?" He whispered causing me to shiver slightly.

"I do apologise for my brothers behaviour, Nicklaus can be very forward." Elijah sighed as I smiled and shook my head.

"It's quite alright." I shrugged it off as a waiter came past, Elijah taking three glasses of champagne from his tray.

"So Aliona, how long have you been a vampire?" Klaus asked, clearly intrigued as he leaned forwards slightly.

"Turned in 1866 by my brother. Haven't seen him or my other brother since." I replied as they both nodded.

"You must miss them." Klaus narrowed his eyes as I shook my head, taking a big gulp of the fizzy alcohol.

"Not really, I haven't seen them in a few decades. I've been doing fine on my own." I laughed in slight surprise, I hadn't even thought about my brothers for so long.

"Who are you brothers?" Elijah asked.

"Damon and Stefan Salvatore." I spoke as Klaus' eyes widened.

"Stefan Salvatore." He echoed as I frowned at him.

"You know my brother?" I questioned in confusion.