40 • Wolves

Aliona's P.O.V

Today I went with Stefan to see Tyler, I hadn't seen him since I'd left and now he was a werewolf I was more than intrigued. We rounded the corner and neared the estate, I headed for the front door but Stefan pulled me away.

"Oh great so now we're breaking and entering?" I hissed as we stalked around the back and entered that way instead, I'd been to countless balls and parties here so there was no need for either of us to be invited in thankfully.

We silently snuck around the ground floor until I noticed Tyler, nudging Stefan and pointing to him. Stefan came up behind him and shoved him hard into the wall as I heard Mrs Lockwood coming down the stairs. Stefan told him to be quiet as we all listened to the sound o her heels clicking on the floor in the hallway.

"Tyler I'm off to the memorial now." She shouted and thankfully didn't wait for a reply before walking out of the door. Stefan moved away and let Tyler move away from the wall.

"Look Caroline is your friend." Stefan spoke and I realised that I still hadn't been completely filled in with everything, last thing I knew was Caroline and Matt were getting together. Guess not anymore. "She's your friend, stop being a dick towards her." Stefan spoke as I tried to hide my smile.

"I thought vampires hated werewolves." Tyler spoke as I laughed slightly. "Ali it's good to have you back but you're so annoying...wait how do you know about all this?" He asked and I rolled my eyes, looks like people forgot to tell him about what I am.

"Um I'm a vampire too." I shrugged as Tyler's eyes widened.

"What! Since when?" Tyler asked in amazement.

"Since 1866, I'm Stefan and Damon's younger sister." I spoke and Tyler looked as if his mind had just been blown.

"Look it doesn't have to be that way Tyler; we go to the same school, have the same friends, we can keep the same secrets. It'll work Tyler." Stefan smiled but Tyler didn't look convinced. Suddenly Tyler's phone began to ring, he glanced over at it before making a mad dash to answer it.

"Help, help!" Tyler spoke before Stefan snatched the phone from his hand and hung it up.

"Whose number was that?" Stefan questioned as Tyler glared at him.

"Damn it Tyler we're trying to help, can't you see that." I snapped as he huffed loudly.

"Look you wanna be friends, great lets be friends." Tyler sighed as Stefan was pacing around the room.

"I don't know what else to say to you Tyler. I came back here to have a life. I wanted to have friends and a place where I can build a family. I have that here, we can both have that." Stefan reasoned as Tyler pulled a face. Stefan's phone began to buzz, it was Caroline. "Hey everything okay?"

"That depends, do you wanna keep her alive?" A woman voice spoke, as I frowned at Stefan.

"Who is this?" Stefan questioned.

"Ask your brother, where's Tyler?" She asked and I turned to raise an eyebrow at him.

"Jules, where's Caroline?" Stefan asked as Tyler rose from the couch, who was Jules.

"You made a mistake Stefan, I'm gunna give you a chance to fix it." Jules ignored Stefan's questions.

"Where is she?" Stefan asked again.

"Right here, want proof?" I could rustling from the other end of the line before Caroline's whining. There was some muttering before a gunshot sounded and Caroline's screams split through the phone.