Chapter 11

Roxy clomped down the street. She was being supported by Rose on one side and Jane on the other. Jane had an awful shade of green and yellow running down her front. She was scolding her, but Roxy couldn't seem concentrate on any word.

"Oh wat!" Roxy said straightening up in their arms.

"Roxy, did we just drag you three blocks for nothing?" Jane asked, really annoyed.

"Dirky is in troubel! I gotta go find 'im!"

"Yes, it appears that we did." Rose said letting go of her sister. Roxy started running towards the station, she saw Dirk running far ahead of her.

"I'm comin Dirky!" she said. Dirk flung his head around to see her, he was so close to Jake, but here was Rox.

"ROSE GRAB YOUR SISTER!" he yelled, vaulting forward again. Man, Jane's uniform was ruined, Dirk thought as he ran through the station door. Jake's head turned slightly, showing tear stains that had dried a few minutes before. Dirk sighed.

"You ok Jake? We can just forget all this happened,"

"No, no, I think it is important we talked about it," Jake said making a few too many hand gestures, obviously nervous.

"Hm... Ok, so what do you want to talk about... With it?"

"Uh well I don't suppose I really know..."

"Any ideas of how you felt about it?"

"Well of course it was nice,"

"So does that mean...?"

"Well, I think so, maybe... But what the hell would the school say if they knew we-"

"Weren't you the one to once tell me 'why should I care?' ... But now thinking about it, what the hell would my brothers say... Oh god, why did I think this was a good idea?"

"You thought it was a good plan because you're Dirk Strider you moron," Jake said in a much more playful tone than before. Dirk laughed slightly.

"Be serious!"

"You're one to talk!"

"Ok, ok, but seriously, Jake. We need a plan."

"Well, we shouldn't have anyone find out..."

"Ok, agreed."

"We just have to be discrete right?"

"Yeah! I mean I can be discrete. I'm a Strider, that's our speciality,"

"Yeah, right..." Jake said as the sound of a crowd arose outside. He turned his head to look, but when he glanced back again Dirk was gone. The crowd of his fellow students piled in as the train pulled up. He could feel a smile rising onto his face, a smile he had missed, this adventure was going to be very interesting.