Chapter 12

One day, a few weeks after Jake and Dirk had made their "agreement" Dirk walked Jake back to the Strider thinking spot. Jake hadn't been there ever since they met, but he was always curious what was there. Dirk was holding his hand, dragging him through the woods. He seemed to know the Forbidden Forest like the back of his hand.

Dirk ducked under a last branch to expose the special Strider tree. Crows were crowded around it more than usual, and it seemed as though it had been upgraded some how. Dirk showed him how he and Dave had somehow managed to waddle a set of drawers into the base of the tree. He opened it to show all of the drawings Calliope had given him over the last year were inside. There was also a drawer of all the flower crowns Jade had given them were in the drawer above the pictures. He had also kept some of the herbs Jake had made into tea. Jake laughed over how sentimental Dirk was over such seemingly stupid things. He understood how Slytherins normally did get a bad wrap, and how to keep up the persona he would have to keep this hidden. Jake felt a small bit of honor to be one of the only wizards to know about Dirk's secret. He felt a hand wrap around his shoulders as Dirk pulled Jake closer.

"Hey Jake?"

"Yes Dirk?" Jake replied, turning to the blond. Dirk captured his lips quickly, and then pulling away almost as fast. Jake felt a grin rise to his features.

"That all you wanted, Strider?"

"No, I also wanted to know if you wanted to go to the Yule ball next week..."

"How the hell are we going to get to the Yule Ball and still be 'discrete'?" Jake asked, raising his eyebrow.

"I have a plan ok?"

"What is this alleged plan?"

"Well let's just say that we aren't the only two with a secret relationship..."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, Roxy and Jane have kinda been going out for a few weeks, and they wanted to attend the Yule Ball together as well!"

"Wait, so are you proposing that I take one of the girls, you take the others but we both are really going out with the other's date or something?" Jake asked, a little shocked that the girls were going out.

"Kinda sure, I suggest you take Jane though, Jakey. It'd be more convincing ya know!" Dirk said, laughing at his nickname that was bestowed upon him by Roxy.

"Yeah, yeah I get it. Won't it be weird if you go to the Yule Ball with your cousin?"

"It's a normal pure blood thing according to my bro... So I guess not," the Strider said, leaning back on the root he was sitting on.

"Ok, ok, so yes. I will secretly go to the Yule Ball with you, Dirk!" Jake replied with a smile and a peck on Dirk's lips.