Chapter 17

"What?!" We all yell, in perfect unison.

"Yes." Lady Evanna says.

"This is my fault, I let him escape!" Vancha says clenching his hands into fists before roughly punching a tree.

"I'm still confused." I say, "I thought that the Vampaneze Lord wasn't in power yet..."

"Oh, yeah." Darren says. "Well Mr. Tiny came and told us That the vampaneze found their leader. And that there was three hunters to try and find and kill the Vampaneze Lord. No other vampire can help with the hunt. The vampaneze have added new recruits called vampets, except they are human. Is that everything?" He turns to Larten.

"I am pretty sure." Larten confirms.

"Oh, how dumb..." I say. "Why can't you have other vampires help?"

"If we do we are destined to fail the war." Larten says.

"Oh." I say.

"Who is this girl, anyway?" Vancha asks.

"I'm Tux." I say, "Sorry I guess I never introduced myself."

"She was... Arras assistant." Larten explains. "And childhood friend of Darren."

"Nice to meet you." Vancha says. 

I look at him, up and down and I have the same impression I did the first time...ugly.

"Nice to meet you too, I guess." I say, disgust somewhat in my voice.

"Is she Ok?" Vancha asks, referring to the disgust in my voice as I looked at him.

"Tell us why you let them go." Harkat says, ignoring the green haired mans question.

Vancha sighs, "That man...he is my brother. When we were younger, we were close and became vampaneze. I decided to quit and that isn't allowed so he protected me. I left and I tried to live as a vampire, but my vampaneze blood took over and I ended up killing the humans I drank from. Until I met Paris. He managed to make me vampire."

"How?" Darren asks.

"The same way we turn humans, its very difficult, and very lethal. Vampires can't have vampaneze blood and vice versa. But we managed to do it. Anyway, my brothers name is Gannen Harst."

"So would that mean you're Vancha Harst?" Darren asks.

"Yes, but I changed my name to March."

"Lets get back to the Cirque." I say, wanting to rest after this...incident.

"What happened to your scarf?" Darren asks. I guess it is more visible than I thought.

"That damn Lord of theirs shredded it."

"I'll buy you a new one." He offers with a smile.

"I'd love that...but this one was special."

"I will ask Truska to repair it." Larten suggests.

"You'd do that?!" I yell, happily.

"Well of course."

"Oh, thank you! Thank you!" I attack the stiff orange haired vampire with a hug.

"Get off of me!" He snaps pushing me off which caused the other two vampires to laugh. I release the vampire and hand him my favorite clothing item.

"Now...make sure you get it to her, don't let it get dirty, oh and make sure you don't lose it along the way! Oh right and make sure you don't ruin the fabric, an-"

"I get it. Be careful with it." He chuckles as he takes it from my hands.

I sigh and smile at the old man.

"You're the best!"

"Ooo, she's cute when she is like that." Vancha says.

"She is." Darren says.

I glare at them. I was getting ready to explode on them, but before I can I calm myself down and say, "Let's go."

"Not so fast." Evanna says. "You're gonna bury these bodies."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because it is only polite to bury the bodies of the dead."

We sigh and do as we were ordered, out of fear of what the powerful woman might do to us if we refuse.

I dig a hole and then put a body in. When the vampaneze was in the hole I was about to bury him until I saw what was on his hands.

Brace knuckle. I carefully take them off his hands and stick them in my back pocket before burying the dead man.

We went back to the Cirque once we were done.

We were welcomed by Evra.

"You're back! We were worried when we didnt see you." Evra says, referring to everyone in the Cirque.

I nod. And head to my tent. I lay on my queen sized bad and took the brace knuckles out of my pocket.

They were silver, and had spikes at where the knuckles are. It was dirty and bloody at the spikes, but I wiped them on a nearby towel and it was all clean.

I smile at my now looks to be brand new weapon.

I sort of feel bad for stealing it...but what does the dead have to do with this?

On that note I place it on the corner of my bed and stretch before turning off the light shining through the tent and falling into a great deep sleep.