Chapter 21

Its been about three weeks, way longer than intended.

We are on our way back to the city now. Vancha is with us.

I was exhausted to say the least. Vanez has insisted in having me learn under him for a while so I can be ready for this war,but after just two weeks I gave up.

He was so strict and difficult that I couldn't even take one step before being yelled at for doing it wrong.

I'm not gonna go into details about the old Prince's funeral. It was sad, or what was supposed to be sad. I still can't feel personally feel sadness for the death of the male, I wasn't close to him and I didn't really want to be.

Vancha was obviously super close to the Prince, as Paris was once his master, but he seems to be taking the death quite well. Maybe he cries behind closed doors and walls and walls of brick, but he seems fine.

When we finally arrive at the hotel room we hear voices inside. The other two were instantly alarmed and stopped their conversation, but I rolled my eyes at their over reaction, its obviously just Darren and Harkat.

I put my hand on the doorknob, but Larten quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the door. He funs around a corner and let's go of my hand beforw climbing out a nearby hallway window.

I look over around the corner and see Vancha hanging from the ceiling above Darren, Harkat, and I's room.

I see the door burst open and see the pair I was secretly desperately hoping to pop out.

Darren and Harkat came out. I sigh as I realize I was right and it was just those two. I come out fro behind the corner and yawn again before pushing pasted the pair and into the hotel room.

I see two other humans, but pay no mind to them as I go to the window and climb out and try to find where Larten went. Once I find him I tell him it is safe to come into the room and we both go back in through the open window.

We were sitting in Larten's room.

I was on the ground. Darren and the two humans - one I recognized as Debbie - on the couch. Larten and Harkat on the bed. Vancha also on the ground, picking at his nasty long toenails.

"Who is this?" The man and I say in unison.

He wore all black and had white ish gray hair. He didn't look older that maybe 25. His hands were covered with black leather gloves, he wore black jeans, a black sweater, a black scarf...basically my daily attire but on a boy.

"Darren! Who is this?" I grip onto my black scarf, I don't like meeting new people...new people that may not be human - I assume that because there has to be a reason he isn't freaking out about Harkat.

"This is Steve...Leonard." Darren smiles.

I look at the man once again, my grip on the ends of the scarf tightening. This isn't him...we just texted three weeks ago what could he possibly be doing here? Now that I think about it...his responses were awfully short maybe this is him...

"I know the two of you have been in contact, so I didn't really know how this would all go down..." Darren sweats, "I didn't know if you told him about me and the clan...so I was pretty worried."

I shrug, "I don't remember us bringing it up in a conversation, but I think I've almost slipped a few times..."

Darren smiles, "I can always trust in you." He laughs as he ruffles my hair.

I shoot him an angry glare before giggling to myself.

I hear a chuckle exit the lips of the white haired male and I look over to him and smile.

"How you been? Its been so long!" I smile.

He smirks in response and answers, "Been fine. You know...killing vampires and vampaneze."

I nod my head, deciding to save that conversation for another time - reunions are no times for that kind of talk - "How's Alan and Tommy doing?"

"I do not really know. We haven't talked in a while."

"If I may ask, where have you been sleeping?"

I hear a nervous laugh come from both Harkat and Darren before Darren speaks, "He's been sleeping on the couch in our room."

For a short few seconds it doesn't click.

Alright, I'll admit it, Arra was right, I do get overly attached to things easily. I guess I always have without realizing it...I mean, the Cirque, Evra, Gavner, Kurda, Harkat, Sam, the couch!

I mean, I even did with Darren and Steve, that is if my memory serves correctly, which insure it does because meeting them has been the happiest moment in my miserable life thus far.

I guess even me saying that proves my point.

Anyway, back to the point.

I stare at the brunette for a few longer than needed seconds that not only felt like years, but I became light headed from unintentionally holding the air I had in my chest.

Why must I get so over attatched to a couch?!