Chapter 26

I am home...in my bedroom...hugging my pillow while staring at the clock that read "10:00 A.M. Tuesday December 8th 20_ _."

I sat up and look around, I ran my hand through my hair, moving the hair from my face. I quickly stand and head to the bathroom to shower.

I'm the mirror I see a brown haired girl staring back at me.

"Ha-ha very funny. Who messed with the mirror?" I ask to no one in particular as I run my hand through my now dark hair. "Wait...where are my ears?" I feel the top of my head, not finding my wolf ears.

I quickly run out of the bathroom and find my mom and dad in the kitchen.

I point to the top of my head, "What happened?!" I yell.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" My mom asks.

"Where are my ears."

"Their on the side of your head, honey." Dad answers, not even looking at me. "Your friends are waiting outside by the way."

I smile, some light shining in my life! Finally! I run our of the house, but quickly frown.

Three girls stood before me; Penelope Ashley, and Erica - all I remember bullying me.

"Tux, what took so long?"

I stare back at my childhood bullies. The fear that once consumed me takes over again and without thinking I run away.

I'll go to Steve or Darren's they always protect me from these three!

"Wait! Tux! What's wrong?!" The three follow me as I run to the white haired boys house, that's my best shot.

And then I shot up, realizing it was a dream.

"You had another dream... didn't you?" Someone asks.

I was panting and sweating. I ruffly my hair and squeaze my eyes shut trying to get Penelope and her squad out of my mind.

"Yeah..." I say.

"I thought so. What was it about?"

"Uh, I didn't have my wolf ears! I was being chased by Penelope and her lackies! I-I-"

"So you had a bad dream?"

I nod my head while standing up off of my couch and say, "I guess I did..."

I go out of the room and into Larten's. I notice that Larten is still awake.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He looks over to me with a surprised expression, I guess he didn't notice me entering.

"Nothing." He brushes it off.

"No, tell me. I may not look like it but I can be really good at soothing minds."

He stares at me for a few extra seconds before looking away, "You are nothing like her."

"Her who?" I sit on the edge of his bed, "Arra?"

"No, not Arra. You do not know this girl. She died many years ago."

"And why would you compare me to her?"

"I do not know. You two have the same names."

"Who was this woman to you?"

"An old lover." He faintly smiles. "I guess destiny works in weird and cruel ways."

"Why now?" I ask, "Why now after years of knowing me?"

"I have been. For many years, trying to find some sort of similarity. In my attempts I've become fond of you."

"Fond? Like comrade status fond?"

"Yes." He nods his head. "I am sorry for any pain I causes you  years before."

I smile and wave it off, "Nah, you didn't do anything. For now, you should sleep. The sun has already risen."

He needs his head, "Thank you, Alicia."

"No problem." I leave the room and head back to my room.

I lay on my couch and get prepared to go back to sleep - good thing there is no school today.

"You sure are tired." I hear and open my already closed eyes to stare at the white white haired boy- sorry, man.

"I guess that's what 15 years of no sleep will do...Well, I had some." I sigh.

"You're boring you know."

"Thanks." I roll my eyes.

"So who was that man?"

I sigh. "My ex." I chuckle.

There is a moment of silence before I speak again, "Its so weird how much we have changed, huh?"

"It is very strange." He agrees.

I close my eyes again.

"Don't you wish we could go back in time? I mean...how did we really get ourselves in this war? I love Darren and Larten, but in not sure I want to risk my neck for them...you know?"

"If they were vampaneze would you do the same?"

I shake my head, "No, if they were vampaneze I'm sure I wouldn't be attached to the clan to begin with. I'm only helping because I don't want anymore of my friends to die....if they were vampanaze I'm sure my friends wouldn't have died to begin with."

"If they had though. Would you help the vampaneze knowing your best friend was throwing his life away?"

I stay silent for a few seconds, "Yeah...I guess I would."

"You're a true friend." He smiles before standing where he was sitting on the floor. "I'll leave now so-"

"No...stay here and lay down with me...please."

He smiles, "Of course." He lays down on the already small couch next to me and I fall asleep on with in seconds snuggling up against his chest.

An hour or two passed until I woke up to a sleeping face.

Steve. I stared at him for awhile.

He is asleep... His arms are wrapped around my torso.

A few minutes later I fell back asleep consumed in the warmth of the man next to me.

I guess he isn't really that bad.

We sure have changed a lot....